PDA

View Full Version : FISHER-PRICE TRAIN-

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Sory pecking one handed here with T in lap and a plastic train running over the keyboard singing "old MacDonald"...

But I have to say if you don't have this toy run and get one!!! This is by far Tristan's favorite toy. he loves it, he brings us the little controls that you speak into to get it moving, he blows into the controls trying to activate them (and it usually does)...

We bought ours at a thrift store for $10 when I was pregnant and I almost gave it away many times in his early months...and so glad that I didn't!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

votre_ami03
06-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks Neve, I will have to look for this.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

kfcboston
06-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Neve -

Sounds excellent! DS loves trains. If you come across a link, will you send it along? Thanks!

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-22-2004, 04:05 PM
I found this link on Ebay, I don't know if this is still made, I've never seen it anywhere but that doesn't mean much for I don't really know what is our there on the shelves of toy stores, wal marts etc...

But I got mine from a thrift store and paid I think about $10 and can't tell you how much it is worth to me right now
TRISTAN LOVES THIS TRAIN!!!!!!

Mine has two remotes to it, though only one works (the other might need a battery we never checked for we don't have a need for both yet)...and it has a cow and pig with it (though not needed really). At quick glance I could tell if this one has those.
BUT they are clearly the same train set.

Tristan is so funny with this train...he loves it, but when it hoots he wants to be cuddled as if slightly afraid of it, but truely facinated by it. It's hard to explain but he approaches it with major curiousity. And to see him grab the remote and blow in it melts my heart. Then you can press some buttons on it and it "sings" common kids songs...he'll dance and dance.

He does not have the coordination to put it on the track, I have to do that, though he tries...it takes a coordinated hand to line it up right etc... but it still makes noise if not on the track and he gladly enjoys it on or off...

But when on and it goes he crawls in my lap in AHHHH over it!!!

An absolute favorite toy right now.
It is too big for our train table and is on the floor!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=374&item=5904714922&rd=1
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

doubleL
06-24-2004, 12:58 AM
I got this train for DS when he was 18-months old. It was at TRU for $25 at Christmas time (2002). They were selling them by the boat load. He liked it okay for awhile, but I put it away since it takes up space and annoys me when I vacuum. Like you, I have thought about giving it away on more than one occasion. But DS has hunted it down several times now!! He LOVES the thing and still plays with it on a regular basis now that he is 3. I can't tell you how many times the batteries have been replaced. Just this week, the train broke. So I am glad to know I can get a replacement.

Thanks, Neve.

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03