PDA

View Full Version : ? about the Learning Tower

redhookmom
06-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Would someone with the Learning Tower take a couple of measurments for me? I have been thinking about his purchase to much and need to make a decision today!

How tall are the side pieces and how wide apart are the two "walls?" I would really appreciate it if someone would take the time to do this for me.

kalebsmama
06-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Ok, I'll give this a go:

The "walls" are 16.5" apart front to back, and 18.25" side to side. This is an inside measurement - the "walls" themselves are 3/4" thick

Not entirely sure what you want on the height of the side pieces so here's a few numbers.
floor to top on front/back pieces - 35"
floor to top on either end - 38" at hightest point (ends are curved)
standing platform to top on front/back (in highest position) - 16.5"
platform to top on either end (high position) - 19.25"

There are 4 positions for the standing platform, and the lowest is 8" lower than the highest one.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I didn't answer your questions!

We have a fairly small kitchen but it's been worth it. We also use it for other things than cooking. Also, have had more than one kid in there with no problems. Good luck deciding!

ETA photo of DS and friend in tower. They were watching the birds outside and are seen here facing the sides. Have more room when facing the front/back.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8118.jpg

redhookmom
06-22-2004, 11:56 PM
You sure did answer my questions and then some! What a great photo. Which one is yours?

kalebsmama
06-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Kaleb's on the right, in the red.
Glad I got the right measurements! Are you going to get one? I debated forever until DS fell off a dining room chair while standing at the kitchen counter with me. Oops! I felt terrible.

redhookmom
06-23-2004, 12:11 AM
That is what I guessed.

Well, I hope so. I just bid on one on ebay. My dd had a near miss in the kitchen today.

Your measurments tell me that I will not be able to stash it under the counter as I had hoped. But if we use it lots it will find its on place. :-)