PDA

View Full Version : Pictures for a play room

TaChapm
06-23-2004, 04:13 PM
I am trying to decorate Jackson's play room and can't seem to find anything cute to put in there. I need pictures and curtains. I am thinking bright colors. Any ideas would be appreciated. I want something fun and special for him.
TIA
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

Marisa6826
06-23-2004, 05:20 PM
Pictures you can find at art.com. You can sort by colour, topic or artist. I've had great luck on that site. Just make sure that what you pick is a regular size, otherwise you end up having to cough up the cash for custom frames.

Have you looked at Company Kids, Garnet Hill, Bombay Kids and PB Kids for curtains? You can always do my fave trick of finding twin sized sheets, putting those clippy ring do-hickies on the top and hanging them from regular curtain rods.

Have fun!

-m

lisams
06-23-2004, 05:38 PM
We are going to hang DD's art in frames. She has some very contemporary looking paintings and colorings ;-)

Lisa

muskiesusan
06-23-2004, 07:03 PM
I bought a bunch of cheap canvases in different sizes from Hobby Lobby and let Nick paint them. It's a great rainy day activity and looks great in the playroom. His art is also very contemporary looking!!!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01/01
& Alex 04/27/04

Mommy_Again
06-23-2004, 09:00 PM
This might be a little more complicated that what you were thinking, but if you like "projects" it could be cute. Saw a show on HGTV where they decorated a playroom. Walls were apple green, I think. Then on one big blank wall they built "frames" out of molding, and inside hung wallpaper in a sky/cloud pattern. The result was bright and cheery windows. It was cute and unique.

Another idea is to take a section of a wall and paint it with chalkboard paint - when dry it actually turns into a chalkboard, and Jackson could have fun making and erasing his own art.