PDA

View Full Version : Solution to the FP Deluxe Healthy Care High Chair discontinued problem

Jharpaz
06-24-2004, 01:13 PM
I struggled to choose a chair. I was ready for purchase just days after the last Target versions were all bought up (and Mattel's customer service had no more, either, but thanks for the info back then!).

I loved the pattern of the Prima Pappa Country Sun, but felt it was pointless to use a chair with a bib so much as I'd have to since the seat was so far away from the table. But I hated the ruffle on the remaining Deluxe HC chairs. And I definitely wanted wheels.

I got the Sears Deluxe HC chair in the Noah's Ark pattern. I was in denial until last week when we went to set it up. I hate the pattern and, moreoever, the fabric ruffle just seemed to be bad news.

I thought and thought and thought and then the lightbulb went off over my head. I went to the FP website and saw they offer replacement seat pads. At first, I went to get the Cute Bear pattern from the old Target version, but then remembered that I love the Funny Butterfly on the current non-deluxe Target version most of all. I ordered it. It came in yesterday and fits perfectly! Woo hoo! The best functionality in my favorite pattern without a scary fabric ruffle. Granted, it cost me an extra $15, but I"m SO happy now I didn't go for the Prima Pappa.

For the Funny Butterfly, go here and click on ordering replacement parts.
http://service.mattel.com/us/product_detail.asp?id=C4630&fr=1

For other patterns, go here (you can preview which pattern by clicking on the camera icon)
http://supportsite.mattel.com/main.do?action=3&id=BR.GQ.1&answerValue=Action.ReStart.3.pad%5EMTP_Healthy_Car e_High_Chair%5E&stateID=173655907+0+269166&product=%24&searchMode=GuidedSearch

I'm so excited! At last- a (re)solution.

Jharpaz
06-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Ok, the second link doesn't work since it didn't hold the query info. Try this and query just "replacement chair pad healthy care chair."
http://supportsite.mattel.com/home.do
That will bring up the results I was trying to link for you. There's the old Cute Bear one from Target.

DeeEast
06-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Too funny. I already decided to do this exact same thing yesterday before I read this thread today. I spend last night pouring over the Mattel service web site until I found the cushion pattern from Target and I decided to also get the linkadoo tray and some extra dishwasher safe trays. Mine will basically be the Target version when I'm done for half the price plus I will have extra trays (big and pop-out) and an extra cushion (but with the stupid cloth trim. Grrrr)

ladythepup
06-28-2004, 01:40 AM
Go to ur local babies r us and look cuase my BRU has just come out with new version of the healthy care deluxe it has wheels and it is not the Linkadoos version.

Good Luck

Mel

Jharpaz
06-28-2004, 03:15 PM
The Linkadoos? It's really not my style, and regardless, still has a ruffle that I just think is asking for food to get crusted into it. I'd get either the Sears or Linkadoos Deluxe Healthy Care and replace the pad. The Linkadoos has extra on-board storage to hold food jars and stuff, though. The Sears base is beige/gray and the Linkadoos is white. Either would go with the Funny Butterfly. I think the old Cute Bear from Target is white and blue and is probably more compatible with the Linkadoos. I think the Linkadoos is also $10 more than the Sears Deluxe HC.

Jharpaz
06-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Hello. You just said it's not the Linkadoos. Sorry.
I see a new "Best Friends" print one on the babiesrus website. It still has a ruffle, though, and still wouldn't be my choice of patterns.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001FR5V6/qid=1088447429/br=1-8/ref=br_lf_ba_8//102-1629925-5775309?v=glance&s=baby&n=547944

ladybugsea
06-30-2004, 01:48 PM
I can't find any of these pads. When I do the search, nothing matches.

kijip
07-05-2004, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the tip! I just ordered a second cover so that we have one to wash off for uber messy meals. We got the Smiley Bear cover that was discontinued. Also an extra dinner tray since we did not get the deluxe version- we have the Elephant pattern.