PDA

View Full Version : FP swing - does not have a harness - is it safe?

lnvarma
06-24-2004, 04:54 PM
I have been using my FP swing for 8 months now, but am concerned now. My daughter can lean forward pretty far in it and can also hang her head and upper body out the side.

This is because there is only one strap across - there is no harness.

Is there anything I can do about it, or do I just have to buy a new swing?

Thanks!

slknight
06-24-2004, 05:56 PM
I think you're supposed to stop using the swing when your child can sit pretty well by themselves - for the very reason you mention. I'm pretty sure that all swings have this warning. Sounds like it's time to pack up the swing. I'm pretty sure we put ours away far earlier than that because I was worried about DS tipping it over.

kijip
06-24-2004, 09:54 PM
All newborn/infnat swings are meant for babies who are pre sitting, like the previous poster said. So buying a new swing is not an option. Maybe she would like a rocker meant for older babies now? Or you could try sit on toys like the FP Piano.

rrosen
06-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Time to say good-bye to the swing! A sad day in our house when it happened. But, you are lucky to have gotten 8 months of use out of it. My DD did that when she was less than 6 months. I was so sad to pack up the swing, it gave me many moments of peace when all else failed.

tippy
06-26-2004, 12:23 AM
My ds never "took" to the swing. We borrowed it from my sil..she fondly refered to it as the "neglectomatic!"