PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Play N Ride

supercalifragilous
06-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Has anyone used this or heard anything about it? I noticed it was on clearance at OSA... 14-m/o DD is ready for something to ride on as she is enviously chasing around all the neighborhood kids riding on their trikes & bikes & scooters...

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/26197/786/117.html

Or should I just get a trike instead?

riostoker
06-28-2004, 08:39 PM
We have this, and I have not been very impressed by it, especially for the price (and I think I only paid $20 on ebay!). When DD was little and the right age to use it as a stationary play area or rocker, the seat was just way too wide. She really couldn't sit in it well at all. When she was about the age of your DD, it seemed very tippy, and because of the wide seat, it was hard to get on and off. Now that she's nearly 3 and really too big for it, she is getting the most use from it. She rides around the house on it. She has fun with it now, but overall, it really has not been a great purchase.

I think you'd be better off with one of the cheaper ride-on toys from Toys R Us/Target, or the cozy coupe car would be a great choice. She probably won't be able to pedal a trike until she is two, but you could get her one that you push her on.

ann

supercalifragilous
06-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Thank you so much for your advice! I won't be wasting my money now! I'll definitely be going to BRU to check out other ride-on toys and make sure to try DD out on it - I didn't even consider the seat being too wide! I just assumed that toy manufacturers would take that into consideration and size it accordingly! Thanks for the warning!