PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the PBK Kids Chair?

McQ
06-30-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm thinking about getting the PBK Anywhere Chair for Declan. But it seems so big & bulky. Does anyone have this chair (or any other chair) and do your kids like them? Thanks.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

emmiem
06-30-2004, 10:37 AM
I have it for my 3 yo daughter and she loves it. She uses it all the time. Although it is big, it really is not bulky and it is lightweight. She carries it from room to room and she is small for her age-only 28 pounds! The cover is machine washable which is a major plus!
Michele

TaChapm
06-30-2004, 11:12 AM
I bought this for Jackson a few weeks ago and decided to take it back. To me the arms didn't stay where they should and it just looked sloppy in the cover after a few days. I was disappointed. He did like it and it wasn't too heavy but I found so on Target.com that were even better looking and less money. I am ordering one of these for him instead.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

August Mom
06-30-2004, 11:22 AM
We have it and really like it. I find the blue corduroy fabric to be durable and to clean up well. It's stable and DS can move it around. DS also likes to use it as an indoor climber. It is well padded for that purpose. I recommend it.

emmiem
06-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Did you put it together correctly? The instructions were a little lame but I don't have that problem at all! I bought the pink sherba fabric which is soft. I am glad that you found one at target that worked.
Michele

McQ
06-30-2004, 11:54 AM
I wanted the tan sherpa fabric but they don't have that any more. Maybe it's a seasonal thing?

Allison
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

TaChapm
06-30-2004, 12:07 PM
It was put together at the store for me so I would assume that it was correct. I never checked though. It just never looked right. The ones at target have more fabric choices and they are about 1/2 the price so I wasn't too upset about the chair not being right. DS did love it though.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

cvharris
06-30-2004, 03:55 PM
DS just received one for his first birthday and he loves it, too. It is very lightweight and super soft - if you're looking for something hard and sturdy, this is not the chair for you. It's essentially four cushions that are kept together by the cover and some velcro on the inside - but it stays together fine. DS really doesn't sit in it much, he likes to climb on it and crawl in circles around it. I think he'll sit in it more when he gets older. We wanted one of these so he wouldn't sit so close to the TV when watching his baby einstein dvds.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

holliam
06-30-2004, 07:58 PM
If you have a PBK store near you, go there to buy this. I saved a ton of $$ doing this because the color I wanted just happened to be the only one left and on clearance. I basically got the entire chair for $65, including slipcover!

Holli

McQ
07-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Sweet deal! I was at the store yesterday and they were all $99 :(

Allison
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04