PDA

View Full Version : Stokke Tripp Trapp chair questions

noni
06-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi Everyone-
I'm debating whether or not to get the Tripp Trapp chair from England (have a friend who can bring it over) or getting the USA version and then the tray. I saw the postings a couple of months back and would love to know what some of you ended up deciding to do...

Also- does anyone know: if I get the UK version- can I still buy the tray? Does the tray work on both the US chair and the UK chair?

Thanks!
Nora, mommy to Antonio 5 months

WooChx
06-30-2004, 12:43 PM
I must have been reading your mind, I just posted some of this information a few moments ago. From what I have learned get the whole thing from Europe. The details of my post should explain why.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=19549&mesg_id=19549&page=

I have seen the tray, but the standard baby kit only comes with a guard rail. Do you know of any European websites that show a picture of the tray? That way I can compare notes.

noni
06-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Wow- that was great infomation- thanks so much! Could you tell me which UK retailer quoted those prices? I've only seen the TT at about 99 pounds.

I've yet to find a European site with a pic of the tray although I've been looking for the past few days. Maybe someone else has come across a site. Do they even sell the tray in the UK?

nohomama
07-01-2004, 12:36 AM
I bought a tray for my Kinderzeat when I was in Germany this past March. The tray DOES fit both the Tripp Trapp and the Kinderzeat. When I have a chance, I'll take some pics and post them.

ETA: Just wanted to add that the tray I purchased is very different than the tray that you can purchase through The Equipment Shop here in the States. It was also less expensive--$50-$60 (depending on the exchange rate) as compaired to $100. I do think you get a more useful/versitile tray for the $100, but I wasn't willing to spend that much.

tribecamom
07-01-2004, 07:10 AM
I ordered it from www.babies247.com; it was 68 for the chair and about 20 for the baby set before shipping. I bought a stroller too so there was no additional charge to ship

WooChx
07-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Here is the response I got about the tray:

Q: Would you have any information about the tray that I have seen that attaches to the Tripp Trapp? A picture of the item indicated it was called the Clic Clac, however it seems to be only sold in Germany. The Stokke website did not mention anything about it.

A: Any tray you may have seen is not made by Stokke. Both the designer and manufacturer of the Tripp Trapp are passionate about having babies sit at the table with the rest of the family rather than being separated from them by a tray - so much so that Stokke will usually take steps to remove the dealership from any retailer that sells trays to go with it.

I don't know of anywhere in the UK (or anywhere else for that matter) that still sells trays for the Tripp Trapp, but I would encourage you to use the chair at the table in any case - you should find that your child will behave much better by being included in life around the table.

http://www.backinaction.co.uk/tripptrappbuy