PDA

View Full Version : $21.99 Little Tikes DiscoverSounds Kitchen & Playstore Combo

missym
07-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Buy.com has a 1-day special on the Little Tikes DiscoverSounds Kitchen & Playstore Combo. The price is $21.99. The description says there is a $5 surcharge for large item shipping, but if you add it to your cart and choose budget delivery, it comes up as free shipping.

http://tinyurl.com/2ovy5

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

jk3
07-06-2004, 12:06 PM
That's unbelievable! I'll tell my friend about it as she was hoping to buy her DD this set. Thanks for posting!

Jenn
DS 6/03

fauve01
07-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks so much for sharing! i was on the fence about whether or not to wait for the new kitchen, but this is a great deal. the kitchen alone is $30 at our TRU!

Thanks.

Anne + DD 10-03

zuzu
07-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Wow! Thanks so much for posting this. I was going to order them last week at $30 but the shipping alone was over $20 so I decided to pass.

I just placed my order and only had to pay tax, so the grand total for both was $23.09, shipped. :)

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

casey118
07-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Great deal! Thanks so much for the tip!! I think Jack will love them.

missym
07-06-2004, 11:00 PM
I'm glad you ladies could take advantage of the offer. I've always had good service from Buy.com; we already have the kitchen, so I decided not to order it, but I was really tempted!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

quikeye
07-07-2004, 04:26 AM
Thanks so much! I jumped in, though I'm a little nervous dh will roll his eyes at this one (a kitchen instead of a workbench kinda eyeroll, you know?) :) Oh well, I'm jazzed when I'm not forcing my son to conform to gender norms and he gets some cool stuff too :)

jk3
07-07-2004, 09:20 AM
My DS loves the kitchen. I thought my DS would comment on it but he likes it too!

Jenn
DS 6/03

boys2enough
07-07-2004, 04:32 PM
I just checked and it is still showing the sales price. This is indeed a great price.

Now I need to vent:
Because for some stupid reason, I skipped this post and read the other post for the same combo at etoys for $29.99 and ordered it from eToys. When I finally read all the posts under that thread and then found this thread, it's too late. eToys does not allow cancellation once you submitted the order. (Ok, that should have been a warning sign... doh). Granted it's still a great bargain and $8 is not a fortune, but I am such an obsessive bargain shopped that it irks me to no end knowing that I paid more than I could have...

I guess I just need to do some more shopping to "save back" that $8. lol.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

egan284
07-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Missy, thanks so much for the post. I just bought one for DD! I just can't pass the offer ;).

TaChapm
07-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the tip. I bought it today and can't wait to get it in. I was going to save it for a birthday gift (at least that is what I told DH), but I don't think I can wait.
What a great deal!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

essnce629
07-08-2004, 03:02 AM
Wow, I'm so glad I found this post. I just ordered it with only an hour left till the sale ends! I saw the post last night about the set sold on the other website with shipping for $23!!! These are the first things I've bought my son for his 1st birthday which is next month :).

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel

JenCA
07-08-2004, 03:18 AM
Dang it, I just did the same thing (saw the other post about eToys and ordered from them before I saw this post). Grrr!

westchicagomom
07-08-2004, 03:48 AM
So sorry - I know this doesn't help you, but I updated my OP to point people to the buy.com site. "Unfortunately" Etoys made their deal better today when they offered free shipping on the item w/o having to spend $79 - if they hadn't you probably wouldn't have ordered it. Actually both deals where supposed to have expired already.

And Lin I totally KWYM about having to get the best bargain possible. I too was irked all day yesterday and thought I needed to find a sale to get back that $8 - which makes absolutely no logical sense. I felt immediately better when I passed on the deal to my cousin and mom who purchased them (thanks to the OP). And then I e-mailed Hanna to get a $8.60 price adjustment on newly marked down items which I might not have pursued otherwise. It still bugs me, but I'll get over it.

I guess I just have to add buy.com to the list of sites to check before purchasing anything - there are just so many - ebates, coupon sites, overstock..........It almost requires as much research to buy a toy as to buy a car!

JenCA
07-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Oh gosh, Pam, it isn't your fault! I should have looked through this forum more carefully, or better yet, done my own online research. At any rate, I was able to purchase the set from eToys with free shipping. So, I paid $29.99 plus a $5 surcharge (because the box is oversized), and no sales tax--so my total was $34.99. Not bad at all. It's just disappointing when you find a better deal elsewhere when you thought you were getting the best deal, KWIM? ;)

boys2enough
07-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Oh, Pam, I didn't mean to make you feel bad at all. It's my own fault that I skipped several posts to find the one on eToys, and that's bizzare since I believe I found your OP on the second page and this one was on the top of the forum. I was complaining more about my own obsession of paying as little as possible. lol. And I totally agree with you that it does not make any sense to buy more in order to save more, but hey, it makes me feel better. ;-)

Like you, I was trying to think of people that I can alert this deal at buy.com to. Unfortunately, nobody else I know irl has kids around 1 year old, and I was buying it for my niece so naturally I was not going to tell either my SIL or my MIL. lol. I want them to think that these 2 sets cost an arm and leg. ;-)

And I know what you mean about all the research we now have to do. I have to open up several screens to do comparison shopping whenever I shop on-line now that I also need to figure out whether to go through e-bates.com or upromise.com. It has become a "competitive" sport--to see how much money I can possibly save by spending $$ in the first place. lol.

I am sure some pundit reading my post will be lamenting how the lure of consumerism has corrupted humanity. ;-)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif