PDA

View Full Version : my baby is 3.5 months..too late to buy nicer bouncer?

bridgetb125
07-08-2004, 11:32 PM
My baby is 3 and a half months old. I have a cheap bouncer by kid co I think. Anyway it is really small and when he kicks his feet he hits his heels on the edge of it. He really likes it though. I was thinking about buying him a nicer one. Is it too late? Should I just buy him an exersaucer instead? I forget how long they can use the bouncer for anyway? Also if I do end up buying one do you have any recommendations for one? I need a big one, my son is long!

vikivoly
07-09-2004, 01:55 AM
I would probably skip the bouncer and go for the exersaucer. Once they are able to sit up on their own, it's no longer safe to leave them in a bouncer any way. I started putting DD in an exersaucer at 4 months, but I did need to use towels around the seat for added support.

rrosen
07-09-2004, 10:35 AM
I agree with Vicki. I think we had to stop using the bouncy seat by 41/2 months (DD was sitting up and reaching around to grab the base,a tipping hazard) The exersaucer is useful for much longer. DD still uses it (at 10months) when watching Signing Times.

I don't have a recommendation for which to buy but, will tell you we opted for the lowest price Evenflo model and regretted it. My dd was able to pull out several of the toys, she was much happier (and entertained) in a friends model that had many more "bells and whistles"

rottiemom
07-14-2004, 11:24 AM
While registering for shower gifts I chose the Fisher Price infant to toddler rocker on the advice of my niece. She had a 3YO at the time that still used the thing as it converts from a bouncer to a rocking chair. It has full recline and a kickstand to keep it steady so that it turns into a small cradle perfect for napping, the ever popular soothing vibrations & a removable toy bar. The kickstand swoops back & the seatback comes back up for rocking chair mode. My wee one is 5 1/2 months and loves this chair (granted we haven't moved into rocking chair mode yet). The three toys on the toybar are removable, hence you can position them any way you want, and each "does" something different.

This chair has also been ideal for bringing our little guy outside with us, a place to sit at grandma's, etc.

Just wanted to give you another option. This toy is something that your child will continue to use long after they outgrow other bouncers.

Nina

llcoddington
07-14-2004, 12:19 PM
I did not buy an exersaucer because Lauren was crawling long before she could sit up. I do have a Combi activity rocker that she sits in (strapped in) at 7 1/2 months to watch Veggie Tales or Signing Times. The weight limit on the Combi is 25 lbs. I really like it and so does she.

http://www.combistrollers.com/products/activityrocker_delux.html

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03