PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Help

hwin708
07-13-2004, 05:06 PM
I've decided to buy a kettler for my friend's DD's first birthday. As I need it in about 2 1/2 weeks, I won't be able to wait for the next co-op :(
I've been trying to read through the old posts, but there have gotten to be so many, I just got a bit overwhelmed.
Here's what I have so far:
I don't want the air models because I would like her to later be able to add on a tandem if she wants.
I'm thinking about the Navigator, the Jumbo, or the Happy, as these appear to be the most popular. From what I can tell, the big difference is that the navigator can turn better. Both come with the pushbar (from mytoybox, where I will probably order from, because they have free shipping and assembly for $25). I am fine with the pushbar insteazd of the stroller bar. I think I will need to add on the footrests and the seatbelt, as these appear pretty essential for a on-year old. Correct???
Any thoughts? Do you think the navigator turning feature is important?
I can't try the little girl out in the seats, as my friend lives up north. I will behaving the kettler shipped to her house and flying up there for the party weekend. Is the navigator seat a good fit for a one-year old?
Basically, any help deciding between the two would be greatly appreciated. Is the turning feature of the Navigator worth the extra $20-30 compared to the others.
Help! Thanks in advance!!
Thanks!

votre_ami03
07-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Nolan has the non-air Jumbo + push bar + seat belt.

We received it last month (co-op), he has only played with it a little b/c it is for his 1st birthday (9 days away). I think a seat belt for a 1 yo is a must. I haven't missed the foot rest, but we haven't used it much as of yet, just around the sidewalk/driveway. I would of liked to order a bell & will do so. Our trike steers just fine w/the push bar. The dump truck thing isn't quite what I thought it was, but I think Nolan will have fun toting stuff/rocks what have you.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

kaitlinsmommy
07-13-2004, 06:47 PM
I am also shopping for a Kettler (thanks for the tip about mytoybox). I will probably get the Happy since dd is petite & I don't know that she needs a jumbo. Anyway, I seem to recall reading after the co-op that some people weren't thrilled with the Navigator's steering. Maybe I'm wrong but if you search for the posts, they might come up.

votre_ami03
07-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Kim, I think you are right about that too, I was thinking the same thing. It didn't seem to be all that it was cracked up to be.

One other thing, I hear that parent's of smaller/petite children like the seat on the Jumbo for their kids better, it's a better fit for their little tushes.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

kaitlinsmommy
07-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks Christy! I didn't know that and will definitely look into the Jumbo.

momma_boo
07-14-2004, 10:46 AM
I got the non-air Jumbo from this last "special sale" on the boards and have been very happy with it. DH constantly comments on what a good buy it was.

Here are the accessories that we got:
1. Pushbar (very easy to push and maneuver)
2. Footrest (sometimes gets undone, but it does give her a place to put her feet). Sometimes she uses it to help her get on and off.
3. Seatbelt (a must, especially if they are younger).
4. Bell (not a necessity, but I was spending so much money, I figured, why not? DD does enjoy it, though and will ring it while riding.

Oh, my DD is also a little peanut these days (29", 21 lbs at 15.5 mos) and fits totally fine on the Jumbo seat.

I think when I was researching, someone said that the Jumbo might be better for a smaller toddler b/c it has a bench style seat whereas the Happy has a molded seat. I'm sure either would be fine, though.
We do like the dump bucket in the back, though (good spot to store her little helmet!).