PDA

View Full Version : Boppy for tummy time

emschwar
07-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Noah doesn't really like tummy time. If we put him on a blanket, all he does is try to eat it. He does a little better on the boppy. Is there any advantage to the little tummy play boppy? Right now we use the regular big boppy, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the little one. Thanks!

votre_ami03
07-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Never used it! Well, almost never. I have both a big Boppy & the TT Boppy & we rarely used either. The TT Boppy has toys attached, but's that about it.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

rrosen
07-15-2004, 05:07 PM
We had the TT boppy and I would say the period of time that it was useful was VERY limited. Gabrielle did not really start to like being on her belly until she could control when she was on it by turning over. Once she could turn over at will (around 4 months) she would happily play one her belly, no boppy needed. I would say, save your money!

kaitlinsmommy
07-15-2004, 05:19 PM
ITA with Rebecca. DD never liked tummy time until around 4 months and then it was an overnight kind of thing. I don't know how much use you'd get out of something like that.

kjezierski
07-17-2004, 11:39 AM
If you want something like a small Boppy, an alternative is the Infantino shopping cart cover. It doubles as a mat and has a small pillow like a Boppy attached with velcro. It's $19.99 at Wal-Mart and Target. I got it because I needed a mat and hadn't yet purchased a shopping cart cover, so I killed two birds with one stone. We use the small pillow for tummy time at home.

Kathleen
Mommy to Alex
04/29/04

masetane
07-23-2004, 10:01 PM
I had to give both my kids lots and lots of tummy time because they both had plagiocyphely and had to be banded. The boppy I found useless - just too small and if you already own a boppy - why have another. I can highly recommend getting a water filled play mat though. Both my kids loved pushing at it and watching the things move and the bubbles. I got mine at buy buy baby. hope that helps
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03