PDA

View Full Version : kinderzeat - what age?

aim
07-15-2004, 11:59 AM
At waht age did your DD or DS start using a kinderzeat? I am currently using a 4-1 reclining booster seat with DS and I am hoping that I won't have to buy an actual high chair before he can move to the kinderzeat - but is this realistic? He is 6mo now and sits great and is a fairly big boy (if this info matters to your answer)

Thanks,
Amy
Mom to Bennett (1-14-04)

lerlerler
07-15-2004, 06:14 PM
There are a lot of possible answers to this question (Double check on this, I THINK I am correct)

The tripp trapp chair (available in Europe) is rated for 6 months plus.

You CAN buy an infant "setup" (with a tray,etc) from certain places in the states but they are aftermarket parts

The regular Kinderzeat is rated for 18months and up. BUT, there are many Mommas who use it at 6 months and have no problems.

HTH!

JacksMommy
07-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Amy, the PP was right - the Kinderzeat is listed as safe for kids 18 months and up although I think you could use it much earlier. If possible, why not take your DS to a store and see how you like it? The Tripp Trapp (the Euro version of the Zeat) can be used as a highchair (pulled up to the table) and is mostly available through European companies that sell through to the US - there are several There have been several posts with links to such sites, so check them out. I did buy a "returned" Tripp Trapp from www.equipmentshop.com for a great price last spring, but you'd have to call to see if they carry them anymore. I think they may only have the Kinderzeats in stock now.

HTH,

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/25/02