PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does anyone else think the Incrediblock isn't that Incredible???

tippy
07-16-2004, 04:03 AM
OK,, so maybe my expectations were a little high from reading all your posts but I don't see the huge draw on this toy. I was really disapointed when I opened the box and put the batteries in.'
I know so many of you LOVE this toy but...

Here's what I don't love about it.
1. Sound is kind a low even on high.
2. Other than putting the "special" blocks on the special place that makes the sound for them and the lever that releases the blocks I don't think anything else is really special on this toy.
3. The motor is LOUD when it spins which makes the other sounds even harder to hear.

My ds was playing with the box today more than the toy. He is 18 mo so not sure if he will grow into or out of this toy. For the price I was just expecting a lot more. I found it at Buy Buy baby in case anyone was interested. I saw the FP activity cart and that actually looked like it might be a better toy at this point for ds. Just curious if anyone else feels this way.

megulis
07-16-2004, 07:13 PM
I saw it in the store, and I am not sure I know what the draw is either. My son is 10 months, and all he really likes doing is banging. That might be the reason why I am not sure about most toys at this point.

tippy
07-17-2004, 03:17 AM
{{{{{CD, Pouches, n Slings, Oh My!
Owner of: Ergo, Kozy, MW A Pouch, MnM, New Native, Rev. Jan's Ring Sling }}}}}

LOL!!! I guess we all have our vices!

I had to laugh when I read your post. One of the first things ds said was "bang, bang, bang" (although it comes out more like ang, bn or ng,ng,ng) while he taps on his chest. I think he learned that one from watching dear old dad who jokingly bangs on his chest and say's "Who's the king?"

Thank goodness for carpets and pots and pans!

megulis
07-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Now, just to give your ds a bam bam club, and your dh 10 lbs of red meat!

tippy
07-17-2004, 11:17 PM
;-)

laurajaney
12-08-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm so happy I'm came across your post! I was JUST about to write my own with the same title! LOL I'm definitely disappointed in the Incrediblock. My DS just likes to spin the cylinder things.

You forgot to mention that in addition to all the things you don't love about it, it's just so darn BIG! If it weren't so big (and $$), I might be more willing to overlook these things.

Fortunately, I saved the box. I think I'm going to try to return it.

:-)

ellies mom
12-08-2004, 04:36 PM
DD enjoys pushing down on the spinning thing until it stops and then makes a horrible noise. She will take blocks out of it but never puts blocks into it. Today she learned how to turn it upside down. I think she was also trying to climb on top of it. Like the PP said, mostly she just bangs on it when she isn't trying to break it.

I don't really think it was worth the money either but DH loves the peek-a-blocks, and we were in a temporary apartment and needed something she could use for standing while most our furniture was in storage.

tippy
12-10-2004, 12:16 AM
Ha! I see this thread was resurected. Well ladies....I am here to say that DS has actually grown into this toy. He plays with it a lot more now (he will be two next month). Also, when his little friends come to play they usually make a beeline for the incrediblock too. So, if you still have it you might want to put it "away" for a while and try again in a few weeks/months
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03