PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Navigator from the sale

myllam
07-17-2004, 02:23 AM
Hi,

grrr... I finally asked DH why the kettler navigator we purchased from the june sale was still in the box unopened and he tells me he thinks DS (who is almost 3) is too old for a trike! I wished he had said that when I asked him if we should get it... Anyways, in case someone was thinking about getting one and did not want to wait for the next sale ( I think that will be in aug?) send me email. I'm asking what I paid for it. I would prefer local pick-up in the Bay Area if possible (shipping may eat up the savings you would get - depends on where you are).

Monica

chrissyhowie
07-17-2004, 08:45 AM
Hmmm...I'm wondering why your DH thinks your DS is too old for the trike. We have a Navigator from the sale as well for our DD#1 who is 17 months, and she is still a little too young to fully enjoy it. In fact, I think when she's about 3 years old is when she'd enjoy it most since she'll hopefully be able to pedal and steer it herself.

My nephew who is almost 3 years old has the Navigator too. He hasn't quite mastered it by himself just yet, but his interest in riding it is growing because he's learning to pedal. I think if you don't get an interested buyer for your Navigator, take it out of the box and put it together (forget DH -- we'll help you build it if you have questions :)!). Your DS may really like it.

Torey
07-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Not to be rude - but I think your DH is just making excuses so he doesn't have to put the trike together. I think 3 is the perfect age for a trike. And you went to all the work to pick out the perfect trike for your son. Don't give up, if you can't put it together, take it to a bike shop and pay someone to do it for you! Does your DH honestly think that your 3 year old would be ready for a "big" bike? Because if he doesn't use a trike, a big bike with training wheels is your next step. I haven't seen too many 3 year olds on normal bikes.

egoldber
07-17-2004, 11:21 AM
I agree with the others. Three is absolutely a perfect age for it. We got DD one at 20 months, and she loved, it but now she can ride it by herself and is really, really into it.

Put that trike together!!!!

jubilee
07-17-2004, 06:49 PM
My son was about 5 when I got him a training wheel bike, so I think a 3 year old would get a bunch of use out of a trike!

Lynnie
07-17-2004, 10:22 PM
...and if you do put it together yourself, like i did, you can call kettler to have them talk you thru it - like i did, since when i first tried to put it together i couldn't get the handlebars tight enough, so it wouldn't steer, so my poor son would look at it, try to ride it, and then scream in frustration. the instructions that came with mine were awful i thought, but their input helped. i would be glad to try to give you any tips or answer any questions if you do try to put it together.

by the way, my son is 2 years, 4 months and loves his, but is not yet pedaling it, so i think it will be fun for him well beyond his third birthday

lukkykatt
07-18-2004, 02:59 PM
I agree with everyone else. My 4.5 yo just got a bike - he would have been nowhere near ready for one at 3. My 2 yo just got a trike and can't pedal by himself yet - 3 is the age when most kids start being able to pedal really well by themselves.

I would think about keeping it...