PDA

View Full Version : anyone here own the baby einstein puppets?

brittone2
07-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Hi all! I haven't been around much in the past few months but used to be a regular poster on the boards here. In any case, DS is 5 mo. old now and i've been scoping out some new toys for him to use in coming months.

Like many of you, I have an aversion to plastic and electronic toys for the most part. I'm also trying to go with toys that have longevity. I was thinking about getting some puppets and the ones from baby einstein are pretty reasonably priced. THey don't seem to have "arms and legs" for the most part, mostly just a movable mouth, but I do like that they can also be used in the bath.

I thought these would be nice for bathtime and story time play right now, and then as he gets older he can do his own imaginative play with them (and daddy can build a nice puppet theatre for him!!!). I'm hoping I'm being reasonable in assuming they'll have some longevity.

Just curious if anyone has puppets for their kids, whether your kids like them, and if you have the baby einstein ones specifically. Thanks:)

writeleigh
07-21-2004, 09:27 PM
DS is 9 months old and loves puppets. Actually, he loved puppets from the time he was about 5 months old. We have a baby Einstein puppet, but it's not a bath one - it's a cow that sings Old McDonald and counts in English and Spanish from 1-10. He loves it :)

Leigh

egoldber
07-21-2004, 09:42 PM
We have the dragon one. She does like it, but I wouldn't call it a favorite toy, KWIM?

hwin708
07-22-2004, 04:08 AM
I have a few BE puppets, and some regular ones. DS enjoys them all, but really not all that much. It's mainly about how good I am at wielding them, not so much about the puppet.
To be honest, the ones he likes the most are the BE Sing and Learn ones, which are more like your typical talking toy, except you can put your hand in them and move the mouth. He is fascinated that the dragon actually appears to be talking instead of mommy.

new_mommy25
07-22-2004, 06:04 AM
We have cow, duck, monkey, dragon, goat and one more I can't remember. He got them for Christmas. He likes it when we do the dragon puppet the way it is on Baby Mozart. While we do play with them occasionaly they are not a favorite. In fact, he prefers a dolphin pupper we have because it squeaks. However, I am glad he has them and I hope he will play them more when he is a little older.

brittone2
07-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the input! I think I'll order 2 or 3, and that we'll get some use out of them. I figured I can have the puppet read stories to him, tickle him, etc. for now and hopefully in a few years he'll want to play with them on his own.

Thanks so much for the advice. I knew someone here would have those things LOL;)

LittleMonkeyMom
07-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Coming in a little late, but we ordered the dragon puppet from www.kidsurplus.com and DD and I have had a ball playing with it together. She doesn't play with it by herself, but it's a fun mommy/daughter toy.

"Blah" :)

SAHM to Charlie Beth (3/29/2003) and three wild and wacky dogs.