PDA

View Full Version : How Many Mega Bloks Do We Need for Building Fun?

August Mom
07-25-2004, 08:10 PM
DS has recently taken an interest in actually building with his Mega Bloks. We have only 20 that came with a little wagon. (We have the large, Duplo comparable ones). I want to get him more, but I'm not sure how many more would be appropriate. I've seen 80 at Target, 100 at Wal-Mart and 250 at Sam's Club. Sam's Club has the best price per piece, but is 250 overkill? Just wondering how many of these things we need to build and have fun. TIA

aguinn
07-25-2004, 10:52 PM
i'd say "the more, the merrier"! my DS is one this week, and he only likes to dismantle the creations i make for him, but i *always* wish i had more to work with!!! and DH loves to play with them, too! and then there's always playdates to think of - ya gotta have enough blocks to go around!

;)amy
proud momma to DS 2003

jk3
07-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Is your one year old really interested in these? My DS doesn't have any but I noticed the Mega Block packs at our supermarket and thought they would be great in a few months.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Mom2Miri
07-26-2004, 02:25 PM
If storage isn't an issue, I'd agree that the more the merrier. We have 2 bags of 80 that she's been playing with since 12 months and we could use more.

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

egoldber
07-26-2004, 02:34 PM
We have the same wagon. Then we were given three more sets, one with maybe 80, another with probably 50, and then a small boat with maybe 20. So we probably have around 200. DD seems pretty happy with what we have. It completely fills a medium sized Rubbermaid bin, so they aren't too difficult to store.

aguinn
07-26-2004, 06:01 PM
he's only interested in them as long as DH or i are playing with them, too, and then he only wants to take apart what we are creating. he likes to hear them hit the hard wood floor as he's flinging them around, i think! my DH was/is a HUGE lego fan, so he's hoping that DS will like them, too. actually, DH just wants someone to be able to go with him to legoland in CA one day soon!

;)amy
proud momma to DS 2003