PDA

View Full Version : Best Birthday Gifts for a 2 year old boy?

daisymommy
07-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Joshua's 2 year Birthday is in 2 weeks, what should we get? I know this should go in the Toddler forums, but it's like a ghost town over there! Everyone still hangs out here! So, please help!

Here's some ideas we've had:
-Wagon
-Train set...which one? Something that we can add to, maybe put on a train table someday, but NOT a super expensive collectors edition type of thing. He's much too rough for that at this age.
-Little People set that has cars...which one? He only has animal one's right now.

What else? Thanks!

masetane
07-26-2004, 01:51 AM
Our daughter got the little people discovery village and a kettler tricycle - good for boys too!.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

Marisa6826
07-26-2004, 01:44 PM
My fave gift to give to two year olds is the personalised name book from LL Bean.

It's all about a group of animals that come together to spell the child's name.

It's not that expensive ($40??) and a big hit.

I know it's not a big, over the top present, but something he will always have.

-m

August Mom
07-26-2004, 03:16 PM
We're getting DS a table and chairs set and a kitchen. Also on the list are kitchen accessories, Mega Blocks, puzzles, Maisy books and wooden blocks. We're trying to figure out the whole train situation as well.

Recently, he got a vacuum cleaner and loves it! He also is having fun with the M&D magnetic puzzle (each piece has a magnet and you lift it out with a magnetic fishing rod, or in our case, lifting cars out with a tow truck). The Lauri puzzles are really fun too - they are a crepe rubber. And, felt board sets, magnetic books and sticker books are a hit around here. Oh, and anything sports related. Lately, DS has been into baseball. We got the FP Grow to Pro baseball set and he is having fun. Trucks are also fun.

Here's a link to see the Lauri puzzles if you aren't familiar with them: http://www.liveandlearn.com/lauri/puzzles.html

We don't have a wagon, although that would be an appropriate gift. We also are considering a Little People set with cars and are leaning toward the Ramps Around Garage.

smomom
07-26-2004, 04:22 PM
my DS will be two in November, but I am already making a mental wish list. Here are the items on my wish list for his birthday and Christmas.....

- an easel (the Little Tikes 2 sided version)
- a Radio Flyer all terrain wagon
- the latest series of Signing Time DVDs (release date of Sept, I think)
- a monogrammed duffel bag
- kitchen (I plan to save some $$$$ and make one for him)
- extra box of duplos
- Cabbage Patch doll (they are coming back!)

Here are some items that we have that I would recommend
- Kettler trike (I think there will be another co-op)
- FP basketball goal that grows with you (we picked one up at a garage sale, and although DS can't really shoot the ball now he loves playing with it)
- tonka trucks (another garage sale find)
- dress-up hats. DS has some fireman and army hats and loves wearing them around the house.
- Little People play set
- Little Tikes picnic table
- sand and water table (maybe you could find a good sale price this time of year)
- plastic golf set (about $5 at Target)
- wooden puzzles
- books, books, and more books
- balls, balls, and more balls

Andrea S
07-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Andrew loves his ramp around garage he plays with it all the time.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

darby24
07-26-2004, 09:12 PM
My nephew didn't get any big presents for his second birthday. Small things like; cd's, books, wooden puzzle, clothes, play toaster, small pack of construction trucks.

Ideas I had but had already spent too much money; play kitchen, trains (Ikea has cheap train sets for them to trash) Little People garage, radio flyer wheelbarrow and good quality garden tools (shovel/rake etc)

What he has already and plays with all the time is a Radio Flyer metal wagon, cozy coupe, play tent, Tonka trucks, John Deere lawn mower, tricycle, little people carwash (comes with 2 cars)

Hope I gave you some ideas.

daisymommy
07-27-2004, 02:25 PM
Those were all super ideas, thanks so much! I think that will more than cover it!