PDA

View Full Version : DS doesn't seem to like Baby Einstein

divabell
07-26-2004, 04:27 PM
When I put the DVD on (the language nursery one) he seems more interested in picking at the rug or blanket he's sitting on! DH is pretty anti-TV but I really would like to have a video on hand for those desperate times. Did I just get the wrong one? Is he too young? Or have we exposed him to too much "regular" TV that this stuff is boring him? :) Any suggestions for something he might like better? Thanks!

supercalifragilous
07-26-2004, 04:35 PM
DD didn't like the Baby Einstein DVD much either. Her favorites are Baby McDonald and Baby Neptune.

She also LOVES Signing Times. We've been signing to her all her life but it wasn't until we got these DVDs that she started signing herself.

Marisa6826
07-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Sophie didn't like the Language Nursery one either.

The big hits here are the Baby Newton, Baby Neptune, along with World Animals and Neighbourhood Animals.

We still also occasionally watch Baby Bach and Baby Mozart...

-m

stillplayswithbarbies
07-26-2004, 05:13 PM
He may be too old for that one. Try one with more activity going on, like one of the animal ones.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mhanscom
07-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Language Nursey wasn't liked here either I think it was slow and boring. Our favorites are Baby Galileo and Baby Neptune. Although she still like Mozart after 2 years.

Momof3Labs
07-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Language Nursery didn't go over here either. Colin likes Baby Shakespeare, Baby McDonald and Baby Neptune best right now.

new_mommy25
07-29-2004, 06:39 AM
We have the set from Costco and Language nursery is the one thing that DS doesn't like. We still watch Baby Mozart, Beethovan and Bach all the time and just recently started watching baby Neptune, World Animals, Neighborhood Animals and Baby Van Gogh. the last three I mention specify "1 and up", but DS watches and enjoys them at 10.5 months.

I would say his two favorites are Baby Mozart and Neptune. he loves the dragon puppet in Baby Mozart and he loves the fish in Baby Neptune. Sometimes I just turn the aquarium on.

Every Saturday and Sunday I read the classifieds and try to hit Garage sales in my neighborhood. i usually hit the ones that specify baby items first. I see Baby Einstein movies all the the time. So if you don't want to buy full price you may be able to get a used copy. Check consignment store too.