PDA

View Full Version : I need 2 year old girl birthday present suggestions

Andrea S
07-27-2004, 06:12 PM
We are going to a birthday party this week end and I wanted to get something a little different/special for the birthday girl. They are good friends of ours and her Mom has been doing a lot of extra babysitting for us lately. She has lots of books, puzzles, little people and doll stuff. She is likes crafty things, dolls and anything outside related.

TIA

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

brigmaman
07-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Ok, this doesn't fit into any of your catagories, but I'm going to suggest it anyway. Actually, I'm stealing Jojo's idea here! For a friend's dd's 2 year birthday Joanne bought a dress-up outfit. It was something I never would have thought of and it looked adorable as the little birthday girl modeled it for us!
Another thing that Tracey (mommie2madlyn) suggested for a 2 year birthday is the birthday cake from Doug & Melissa.
Last is maybe starting an add-a-pearl for the little girl. For each milestone, you add a pearl to the necklace. My mother has done this for my girl cousins and they seem to like it.
ET- try to fix my misspellings and other errors-but I gave up.

August Mom
07-28-2004, 01:03 AM
I would say one of those books or CDs that include the child's name would be unique, but I don't think you'll be able to get those to arrive by this weekend.

If she likes crafty things, how about a Crayola art set of some type - maybe even an easel or desk? Sticker books are good. DS likes magnetic books a lot. Snappy has a couple. And, speaking of magnets, the Imaginetics sets are fun (see my post on the Toddler Board). Some have small pieces, others are larger. There are some doll or ballet sets, although those did have some small pieces. And, I know that FeltKids has doll felt sets. DS is really into the Thomas felt sets at the moment.

One of the little girls in playgroup got a necklace for her second birthday. That could be a special gift, especially if engraved.

I also saw a Colorforms game at TRU that involved dressing dolls. The first one to completely dress his/her game piece doll wins. That might be different and incorporate the doll idea.

mhanscom
07-28-2004, 01:51 PM
I have a two year old girl and some of here favorite items are a funyears portable cd player with sing a long mic, she loves her magnet games they are kinda like colorforms but magnets and easy to use, they are perfect for resturants. She also loves Jump Start Toddler for the computer and playdough. I hope this helps.

Have fun shopping!

Mom to Squiggles 4/8/02

arcoe
07-28-2004, 11:58 PM
I have a standard gift that I get for 2+ year olds. It is a lap tray. They sell them at Learning Express (if you have one near you) for $12.99, and they will personalize them for free (and they usually do it in a day or so). I then stuff the side pockets with art supplies, stickers, etc. My DD got one as a gift for her first b-day, which was really too early, but now as she approaches 2, she absolutely loves it! We take it with us when we visit the grandparents, and it is like a little portable art station. Here is a picture from the Learning Express website.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9856.jpg

Robin
Mom to Lexy (22 months)