PDA

View Full Version : what makes kettler trikes special?

urquie
07-28-2004, 10:06 PM
dd is not even three months, so i'm a bit in the dark. what makes these trikes so great that i'd want to spend $70 - $180 (plus discount). what age do kids start using these? tia

miki
07-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Check out the thread Neve started about the sale. Anna (pritchettzoo) posted a string of links to previous threads about these trikes. If you read the one that goes through the descriptions, you'll see that they offer many features that are not found on ordinary tricycles.

zen_bliss
07-29-2004, 02:50 AM
they are extremely well made (german engineering), excellent warranty & product support, they don't tip over (apparently a big problem with others, including radio flyer), parent steering option with a pushbar and a freewheel so baby's feet don't get whacked by the pedals when you push. as for age, whenever baby has good enough balance to sit on it as you push. we got ours at about 1 year old and enjoy our strolls. baby is delighted, and i expect she'll use this through 4 years old (says 5, but i can't see my 5 yr old niece on this).

that said, i would be kicking myself had i spent $100. since you've got time, you might want to learn the differences of the models and keep your eyes peeled. i have seen several at used kids stores and on craigslist for under $20. they are also on eBay frequently. i got mine as a 'local pick up only' on eBay for a song.

urquie
07-29-2004, 03:29 AM
thanks for the great info! i've got plenty of time, and now i know what to look for!

amp
07-29-2004, 12:04 PM
They are great because they are solid, sturdy, well made machines! They have seatbelts, dump buckets for drinks or toys, and moveable seats. And they have a push bar that works! This is crucial, because if you look on places like Amazon, at the other brands of trikes w/ pushbars out there (Radio Flyer) you will see that they are not sturdy and people are very frustrated with the product. We absolutely love ours and although we also balked at the high price (although ours was only $70-80 at TRU), it is in superb shape! It is perhaps our favorite toy and we take it all around the neighborhood and beyond! Can't say enough good things!

jvorhis
07-29-2004, 01:16 PM
I would keep your eyes open. I got one at a yard sale for $20.00. I bought it for Grandmas. My nephew is 3 1/2 and loves it :-)

Jenn

Mommy to Emma
9-10-03