PDA

View Full Version : More padding/incline for gymini playmat?

hellosmiletoday
07-29-2004, 02:53 AM
Two questions -- extra padding, and way to incline baby like bouncer

1. Do you use the gymini as is or add extra padding? The gymini seems to lack sufficient padding and I have wood floors. I'm using beach towels underneath for extra support, and am considering a boppy head rest?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009K2YU/qid=1091080531/sr=1-11/ref=sr_1_11/102-0206569-4399319?v=glance&s=baby

2. DD doesnt really like to be flat due to reflux but likes to kick alot. We have a Eddie Bauer bouncer (a gift) that she actually likes, but she can't kick things with it like she can in the gymini. Rather than purchasing another bouncer that would only be used for a short time (up to 25 lb), is there something I can incline her in the gymini (currently I'm using my own Boppy).

jubilee
07-29-2004, 03:02 AM
To make the gymini much more fun for my son, I put him in his bouncer (with the bouncer toybar removed). Placed the bouncer about 1-2 feet away from the wall. Then took the gymini and slid it over the bouncer, with the blanket-mat behind the bouncer. The gymini arches were leaning against the wall behind the bouncer and the floor. (Hopefully this makes sence!) Doing this placed the toys at a GREAT level for him to grab.

new_mommy25
07-29-2004, 06:31 AM
We had both the Gymini and the Baby Einsten. DS prefered the star and animals on the Baby Einsten and it also comes with a pillow as well. At 10.5 months he still plays with it (sitting and attacking, lol). I always had blankets spread over my living room and would just stick the Gymini on top. He really didn't start to enjoy anything until about 3 months.

Also, we had the Kick and Play bouncer and DS Loved it! Once he had control of his legs he would kick all day long. I would buy it again.