PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Kinderzeat??

Emmas Mom
07-29-2004, 05:08 PM
I know I read something about these awhile back but I wasn't really thinking about them just yet. It seems the Kinderzeats are around $200 but this one at One Step Ahead is only $100. Are they pretty much the same thing??

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27216/239756/117.html

murpheyblue
07-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Sorry, I don't know anything about the OSA chair but if you're looking for a Kinderzeat-like chair you can get the Kettler Junior through the co-op which is $110 pre-discount.

Emmas Mom
07-29-2004, 05:35 PM
I will check that out too. ETA: I found the thread. :)

Emmas Mom
07-29-2004, 08:02 PM
So, does anyone have the one from OSA & care to comment on it??

squimp
07-30-2004, 01:22 PM
We don't have the OSA chair, but I noticed that the weight limit is 150 lbs, while it's 300 for the Kinderzeat. The thread expressed some concerns that knockoffs were less stable than the Kinderzeat. While I'm not expecting DD to exceed the weight limit anytime soon ;), the Kinderzeat is a decent chair, and it would be nice to be able to use it for adults in the future. It was worth the extra $50 or so for the stability and flexibility.

tippy
07-31-2004, 09:48 PM
I was visiting a friend today who just had twins and noticed this chair at her dining room table. When I needed to feed ds I asked if I could use the chair. It seemed fine (never used the Kinderzeat so I have nothing to compare it to). I'm wondering though if the Kinderzeat is higher. I was surprised by how "low" this chair was. There was a harness on the chair that I actually couldn't figure out but I'm not sure if it came with the chair or it is something my friend ordered. I asked but it was my friends partner who got the chair and she didn't know all the details. One thing I noticed is that it really doesn't offer the full back support that ds gets in his Prima Pappa so as long as he likes his highchair I will keep him in it! HTH