PDA

View Full Version : Question about Kettler Junior

kaitlinsmommy
07-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Can a push bar be used with the Junior? I am leaning toward this trike but want to make sure I can use a push bar with it. Thanks!

jubilee
07-31-2004, 02:52 AM
Yes, according to the mytoybox.com website (if you look at the pushbar it says it works with all Kettlers, including the Junior). It might be helpful to look at mytoybox.com they have a special on a Junior XL with Pushbar included for 69.99 with free shipping... and that might be cheaper than the co-op.

The downside of the Junior is that the pedals will spin around as you are pushing it- which could whack your kid's legs. And the handlebars don't lock, so if your child turns the handlebars while you are pushing you will then turn that direction like it or not. Those features are available in the Jumbo and Navigator.

Hope that helps! I'm not expert, but I've been researching trying to figure out which one I want too.

kaitlinsmommy
07-31-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks! I've been looking too. I was all set to get the Happy at the co-op because of the parental controls but then saw Debbie can't get them anymore. I may still get the Jr. because Kaitlin is a little older and I think we could manage but we might just have to pay full price for the Happy.

supercalifragilous
08-02-2004, 03:30 PM
That's a good point about the Junior - that the kid controls the handlebars -

Which models are the ones where the direction/handlebars are controlled by the pushbar?

I need one with the pedal lock (so not to whack DD's legs) and the pushbar-controlled handlebars.