PDA

View Full Version : Stokke Kinderzeat or Svan Chair?

CBB
07-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Please help me decide which one to get. I like the fact that I can use the Svan chair from 6mo. With the Kinderzeat I would have to get a FP plastic high chair first. Anyone has experience with either? Pro and Cons? Is the wooden tray in Svan chair hard to clean? Are either of them comfy for grown-ups?

Thanks for any input!

JacksMommy
08-01-2004, 10:41 PM
There is a ton of information about both of these chairs (and particularly the Kinderzeat) in the archives, I'd suggest doing a search! I will note that if you buy the Tripp Trapp (the Euro version of the Kinderzeat), which can be purchased from some UK websites that will ship to the US (addresses in the archives), you can start using it at 6 months as well, with the baby bar. It doesn't come with a tray, though, because baby is meant to be sitting at the table with everyone else (Stokke is really big on this) although some companies used to make off-market trays you can buy separately. That really adds to the cost, though! I think the Kinderzeat is nicer looking than the Svan and comes in a larger array of colors but otherwise I don't know much about the Svan.

Hope this helps!

Laurel
Mom to Jack 6/4/04
EDD #2 12/24/04

CBB
08-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks Laurel! I did a search already. I saw a lot of them regarding kinderzeat, but not much on the Svan which is the one I like. I wonder if there are any stores in Boston that carry them, would love to take a look.