PDA

View Full Version : FP Jumperoo if we already have an exersaucer?

mediamaven
08-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Hi Everyone!

My mom recently asked me if a Fisher Price Jumperoo would be a good Christmas present for my daughter (she'll be six months old then). We already have an Evenflo ultrasaucer that my son used when he was a baby. The Jumperoo looks like it would be lots of fun, but I'm wondering if it would be overkill. We just finished our basement and I'm thinking we could put it down there for her to play with since it seems to be a rather large toy. Do any of you have both toys and if so, do they favor one over the other? Is it worth it to have both toys?

Thanks! :-)

Wendy

Blissful_in_TX
08-01-2004, 08:51 PM
We have both, but DS is still a little young to really appreciate them yet (little over 3 months). Our doorways aren’t suitable for a doorway jumper, and since we can tell how much he likes to jump and kick his legs and since he gets bored so easily, we decided to get the Deluxe Jumperoo also. I think I can already tell that he prefers it to the Jumperoo b/c of the lights and noise it makes. But in our house there’s no such thing as overkill, so I can’t comment on that, lol.

Amy
Corbin 4-23-04

aguinn
08-01-2004, 09:47 PM
we have both and while DS was using them they worked out great! they have different toys, so when he got bored with one of them, the next time he could use the other and be challenged/stimulated differently. they are both space hogs, so your basement space sounds like a good room for it.

like a PP, we could not use the usual jumpers (the ones that go in the doorway) due to the large thresholds over our interior doors. the jumperoo was a great solution.

once DS started crawling and pulling himself up (~ 8.5 months), he was uninterested in sitting still in either of them, so they made there way into our basement storage for any future DS or DD.

hth,
;)amy
proud momma to DS

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif One Year & counting...

Raidra
08-01-2004, 09:49 PM
We had both the Jumperoo and the Ultrasaucer (castle themed).

Colwyn got the Ultrasaucer when he was 2 months old and still uses it. He got the Jumperoo when he was 4 months old and it's been in the attic for a month now.

That said.. there was a while that he prefered the Jumperoo over the Exersaucer, but it was probably around 5 months. I think at 6 months the use of those toys will be short-lived. Colwyn was really interested in trying to crawl around then, so he didn't like to be confined. Still doesn't, but he accepts the Ultrasaucer if I have to pee or if I put in a video, he'll stay put for longer.

I do think the Jumperoo was a great toy.. I just think you might want to get it before she's 6 months.. providing she's pretty good at supporting her torso.

lisa56308
08-02-2004, 03:42 AM
We have the Jumperoo and an exersaucer and Tyler much prefers the Jumperoo. We can't put him in the saucer without him crying. At 10 months he still loves jumping!
Lisa
Jacob 6/95
Tyler 10/03

tori
08-02-2004, 04:31 PM
We have both the Jumperoo and an exersaucer. My son is going to be 11 months and he still loves the Jumperoo best!!I highly recommend getting a Jumperoo I think they are the greatest especially if you are unable to use a Johnny Jump up in your house.

Victoria

tny915
08-03-2004, 02:18 AM
We got the exersaucer shortly after the 5 month mark and the Jumperoo shortly after the 6 month mark. For about a month, DD LOVED the Jumperoo. Nowadays she's still liking her saucer but as for the Jumperoo she can take it or leave it. We're still using it to provide some variety for her, but she's not in it nearly as much as she used to be. It's pretty much once every couple days vs. maybe 20 minutes a day with the saucer.

You already know it takes up a ton of room, but if you've got the space, I say go for it especially since it's a gift. They each provide different stimulation, and if it turns out your daughter's a jumper, she'll have a blast!

CiderLogan
08-03-2004, 11:06 AM
We got the Jumperoo when DD was around 6 months, and she still uses it fairly often. We also have an exersaucer, but she prefers the Jumperoo. I think it's worth having both for the same reason another poster mentioned - DD can be tired of one but thinks of the other as something different. Also, DD is starting to get tired of the exersaucer but still loves the Jumperoo.
Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03