PDA

View Full Version : When to get LeapStart Learning Table?

Blissful_in_TX
08-03-2004, 11:05 AM
I’ve heard such great things about the LeapStart Learning Table, that it is definitely something I want to get, but the question is *when*. DS will be 8 months at Christmas, so would it be okay to wait until then to give it to him, or should I get it sooner to maximize it’s benefit? He’s a little over 3 months now.

Thanks!
Amy
Corbin 4-23-04

geochick
08-03-2004, 11:51 AM
My ds was 6 months when we gave him the Learning Table. I think it was just about perfect timing for him. He wasn't completely stable sitting up by himself at 6 months, so we would sit behind him while he played with the table sitting down (legs removed). Sometimes he liked us to help him stand at the table with the legs on. I am sure my ds will still love to play with the table at 8 months, but I am happy we gave it to him at 6 months. I hope this helps.

aguinn
08-03-2004, 12:15 PM
we didn't have one, but DS used one when we went to visit a friend when he was 10.5 months old. he just turned one and got one for his b'day and he *LOVES* it! we have the legs on it since he's walking, but i bet if we had had one a few months ago he would've used it on the floor without the legs. it's a fun toy, and not too annoying.

;)amy
proud momma to DS

(Edit for spelling)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif One Year & counting...

amp
08-03-2004, 12:28 PM
IMO, he would benefit from it now, rather than later. We gave ours to DS at 6 mths and he used it a lot without the legs. Usage probably peaked at about 8-9 mths and he stopped using it much around 11 mths, although I do know some babes use it well past that. JMHO!

ETA: Sorry , I read your post wrong and thought your son was 8 mths now, not at Christmas. I don't think he'll get much use from it right now, so you should at least wait a couple of months, or possibly till Christmas. I think, ideally, at 6 mths is good, but what the heck...what's another 2 mths!

August Mom
08-03-2004, 01:54 PM
I would give it to your DS when he starts sitting up, even if he still needs some assistance with sitting. We gave ours to DS at 4.5 months (he started sitting at 4 months) and he really enjoyed it. It was neat to see how he gradually learned to operate each function. At 6 months, he could operate everything. Once he could pull up well, we put the legs on and he loved walking around it. Personally, I would not wait until 8 months.

murpheyblue
08-03-2004, 02:04 PM
We gave it to DD when she started sitting up around 5 or 5.5 months. we put two legs on it so the actual table was tilted and would face her when she was sitting. As she got older, it was the first thing she climbed up on.

Mom2Miri
08-03-2004, 09:07 PM
We used it at 4 mon on the dinner table to entertain her while we ate. Then put legs on when she could pull up. She's still playing with it at 17 mon.

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

vdrake71
08-04-2004, 03:28 PM
After reading all of the great things on the boards, I went out and bought one at Target 2 weeks ago. My DS is 6 months old and we use it with the legs off. I do have to admit the my DH uses it more than my DS. My DH just loves it.

IMO I would get it sooner.

Hippoharbor
07-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I read this post the other day and tried it out for my own DS, who is now 5 mths old. He is had the Leapstart learning table for >1 month but really unable to play with it. But, once I had it tilted up on its side, he now scoots over to it and plays with it.

dules
07-18-2005, 11:40 AM
I'd wait until Christmas. It's a great "Santa" gift.

We gave it to our DD for her first birthday and she still really likes it at 19, almost 20 months.

Best,
Mary

amp
07-18-2005, 01:29 PM
We introduced ours when DS was 6 mths old. It was a perfect age for it! He was able to use it without the legs and loved it from the very beginning. He started losing interest in it around 1 year old, so I would recommend you not wait until Christmas, unless you are ok w/ it only being used for about 4-6 mths. Some kids do like it past a year, just not my kid! So he used it for about 6 mths and it was worth the price of the item and is in storage for Baby Girl.