PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP . . . ISO stuffed doll or animal with yarn or hair

Setimama
08-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Our 17 mo DS has gotten into a habit of pulling his hair when he is tired. It is kinda long so cutting it might help, but I don't think will solve the problem. He has a taggie blanket, but isn't interested in it, just hair. . . mine, his, anyone who will stand for it! It's gotten so bad that I found a little hairball in his bed after his nap that he must have pulled out and rolled between his fingers. I hope that substituting something with a stringy or hair like texture that he can sleep with will stop him from pulling HIS out. Anyone else had this happen?. . . suggestions??

cchavez
08-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Diego has a groovy girl doll that has yarn hair. I think it is from Learning Expresss.

vdrake71
08-10-2004, 02:42 PM
I am in a similar situation and I have not found a solution. My DS is 7 months and likes to pull his hair as he is BF. He also loves my hair. He likes to grab it and put it on his face. I would love to hear a solution.

darby24
08-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Sounds exactly like my nephew! He's always been a hair twirler and it gets so much worse at nap and bed time. My mom and I actually went out to find him a doll with long hair back in January. We found our "Dolly" at Toysrus, just a no name doll, all soft meaning no hard body parts. She cost around $15, nothing too big. Dolly goes to bed with J but he still usually twirls his own hair.

Good luck finding something.

Oregonmother
08-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Most of the Gymboree Gymbo dolls have yarn hair and a soft body. You can find them at the Gymboree play and music centers and the Gymboree clothing stores might have them too. My DS is starting to pull his hair while nursing also, I usually hold his hand down and he stops. I hope it doesn't get worse.

Alyssa
Kaiden 9/14/03

vdrake71
08-12-2004, 03:06 PM
I wish there was another solution. My DH is not keen on buying my DS a doll.

darby24
08-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Sounds familiar. That's why my mom and I went out and bought the doll. He's never said anything, doesn't care at all anymore.

There is boy dolls with hair, you just have to look around a bit more.

trentsmom
08-13-2004, 10:01 PM
My DS also loves hair. If he gets ahold of mine, he puts it in his mouth. Makes a lovely hairdo. He starts tugging on hair when he's tired. Doesn't matter whose.

My mom bought him some faux hair that he just loves. Maybe that would work?

http://www.scunci.com/product_detail.aspx?gid=5&pid=60

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11017.jpg

squimp
08-16-2004, 01:47 AM
This was the only "doll" that my brother ever had. No clue where or how to get one, they must still be around.

remcd88
08-18-2004, 08:06 AM
What about the old standby "Raggedy Andy?" They have them at TRU. It sounds like he just need something in his hands, though. Maybe something that has lots to pull and push (and soft). Do you know what a "Whoosit" is? I don't know if I spelled it right. My daughters had one. It may not be geared for a child your age but it has lots for them to play with. I 'm sure you can find something similar but geared more towards your child's interests.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Gabrielle 8/99
Hillary 5/01
New Baby Boy 9/04 - less than 4 weeks!