PDA

View Full Version : Booster seats for 14-month-old - any suggestions?

Phx115
08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
I think DS might enjoy a booster seat now and I'm wondering what ones you've used, and with what kind of success. Did you think it was worth it?

Thanks,
Kristy
DS Eric 5-28-03

Momof3Labs
08-13-2004, 04:10 PM
We switched to a booster when Colin was 15 months old and boycotted the high chair. We used a folding one by Safety 1st, I think. At this age, you NEED a waist strap, and a tray is still nice (easier to clean). It worked quite well for us until we got a Kinderzeat, which Colin also loves.

August Mom
08-13-2004, 04:15 PM
We have a Cushie Booster. DS really likes it. He was boycotting the high chair and hated to be strapped in. However, this booster has no straps. It is a foam material that sticks to a regular chair. There also is no tray so your child sits at the table with you. It has worked nicely for us, but it's not the choice for you if you want a tray and straps.

We also have the First Years 3-in-1 Portable Booster. It has a waist/crotch strap and straps onto the chair with 2 straps. It folds up for you to carry. We used this a lot when going out to restaurants. Having the tray was super before DS was good at eating with utensils. I highly recommend it. It's very durable and the entire thing can go in the dishwasher.

pamela mom of 3
08-13-2004, 04:54 PM
I've tried quite a few myself, we've had two by the first years and i have even tried the fisher price healthy care model and the cooshie boosters the girls had too.

All of the above were decent BUT i did find they were outgrown quickly not only in overall seat size but the tiny tray made it difficult too as they moved into 2yrs+ age of coarse one can remove the tray and use a table ;) As to the cooshie it was cute but being it only had one height option that was a bit of an issue, plus all lacked leg support..

Personally i've had the best experience with the kinderzeat, The great part i've found with the kinderzeat is how even my 8.5yo could use it! so it truely is long lasting and very much like a piece of furniture, mine actually stays more in the living room than anywhere else lately LOL..he'll sit in it and watch TV etc :)

Biggest disadvantage with the kinderzeat was cost but since it adjusts it will again be long lasting, i wish i had bought it sooner and for that matter had it for my girls!

http://www.stokke.com

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppstrollers

tippy
08-14-2004, 03:54 AM
We have the saftey first on the go fold up booster seat. DS is 19 mo and still loves his prima pappa but when we go out to eat or visiting we always take it along. When he was younger we used the tray but now we just push him up to the table in it. It straps on securely to the seat and has a seatbelt. It also has "legs" and can be adjusted to two heights. It is easy to clean and has a handle for easy carrying. Good luck on your "search". HTH.