PDA

View Full Version : Nice wooden easel at costco for $55

jasmine
08-14-2004, 03:31 AM
Hi,

We just bought DS a wooden easel from costco for his 3rd birthday. I just wanted to post the find in case anyone was interested in a nice wooden easel. I couldn't find a picture online and my digital camera isn't readily available or I would take a picture.

One side is chalk, the other is a white board. It also has a wooden dowel in the middle to hold a roll of paper. It has a tray on each side to hold chalk and the dry erase pens. The great thing is it also has 3 small and 2 large plastic bins underneath for holding other art supplies or toys. The bins are primary colored and the easel is natural wood colored. I had originally purchased an ikea one for $20, but that is going back.

The easel is rather heavy and is more like a piece of furniture. This does not fold up, so if you want a portable one, this is not it.

The costco # is 685622 and is made by Battat.

Monica

suz
08-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Thank you for your post! I just purchased this from Costco.

tippy
08-15-2004, 03:33 AM
I was debating getting a table and chairs for ds to do artwork etc. Now I am wondering if I should get this and the train table they have for sale in lew of the table and chairs. What do you think??? Thanks for posting this!

jubilee
08-15-2004, 03:51 AM
I know when I get a table and chairs, I plan on using them for snacktime and maybe lunch... also for playdoh time. An eisle and train table won't really work for those activities. So it depends on what you are planning to use the table and chairs for.

tippy
08-15-2004, 04:44 AM
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking for arts and crafts, a place to sit and read...Ok so now do I buy all three of these things? I am running out of room in my apt!

jasmine
08-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Hi,

If space is an issue, you may want a more portable easel then the costco one. One that can be folded away when not in use. Ikea has quite a nice light one for $20 (I originally bought the Ikea, but DH convinced me to exchange it for the Battat - he is into furniture :-)). If you do not have an ikea near you, then step2 or little tikes makes nice plastic ones. I have all 3 items that you mentioned (table and chair, train table, and easel) and I would say the table and chairs have been the most useful and versatile item of the 3.

With that said, DS is absolutely loving his easel.

Monica

tippy
08-16-2004, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the reply Monica. Now I wish I had gotten my butt to Buy Buy Baby to use that 20% coupon which expired today! Oh well. Maybe I'll look on E-bay. Which table and chair set did you end up going with?

ddmarsh
08-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Funny I purchased this easel over the weekend and was going to post about it too :).

Teva if you do a search for Kidkraft table and chairs you will find one that they make. It comes in a white and wood-tone version and looks like it is very well made. I am planning on getting the white version for Christmas for my DD.

Mom2Miri
08-16-2004, 01:07 PM
I saw this at Costco too but DH thought it wouldn't be useful for a few years. When did your kids start using these?

Thanks!
Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

jasmine
08-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi,

We bought the Little Tikes Mission style table and chairs. We got it from kohls when they had a great sale on them. They no longer carry them online at Kohls, so they may have been clearing them out. They are quite sturdy and passed DH's strict furniture standard :-). Other then that, the kidcraft ones mentioned, ikea, and pottery barn are other places/brands we looked at.

Monica

tippy
08-17-2004, 12:21 AM
Thanks Deb,

Im going to Costco this week and will see if they have the easel or the table and chairs. I know they have the train table. Just not sure which to get first. I could probably wait on the train table but it's such a good deal I might want to get it and just keep it boxed till dh decides to clean out the black hole so I can make it into a play room for his son! I also think the easel might be a little "old" for him yet but same thing, good price, store it etc...Especially since Costco will take anything back at any time. If I find it cheaper somewhere else or find one I like better I can just return it. I'm thinking the table and chair would get the most use right now. He is REALLY into reading books and I would imagine he would love to sit in his little chair at his little table and read them. Oh well,,, decisions, decisions, decisions.