PDA

View Full Version : Combi easy glider high chair

Momof3Labs
08-18-2004, 08:24 AM
Not sure how the reviews were on this one, though the initial impressions were good, I think. But for $60 + $10 shipping (down from $200), this sounds like a great deal on a nice high chair!!

http://infant-feeding.babycatalog.com/feeding-high-chairs-and-accessories/easy-glider-high-chair-98003

Marisa6826
08-18-2004, 09:47 AM
I seem to recall that the reviews were OK, but the chair takes up a mammoth amount of space in your kitchen because of the glider (which I recall was deemed "unnecessary"). I also don't think it folds small.

Then again, I could possibly be on crack and be hallucinating all of this. Early Morning Mommy Brain ;).

-m

Not a Bobblehead
08-19-2004, 03:22 AM
Love, love, love our Combi Glider. We didn't buy it because of the glide feature but now that we have it, don't know why more high chairs don't have it! The glide is a GREAT feature. We bought it as it got a good BB review, because it was sturdy (Fisher Price we intended to get based on BB just felt flimsy in the store) and the Combi was cheaper than Peg Perego. Our baby started sitting in it at about 2 months just to be up higher with us while we cooked or ate dinner. We had a small dinner party and he sat next to the table watching everyone intently, we could glide him every once in awhile and he didn't fuss and then reclined him and he fell asleep. The glide feature is great for a younger baby, he loves sitting in his high chair to check out what is going on and isn't even eating food yet. While the list price is high, like you said there are great deals online, I've seen it as low as $55 plus shipping. We paid $70 something plus shipping. At that price, I would grab one. It is bigger and can't just fold up to go in a pantry but it works for us. It actually goes down to the floor (does that make sense?) and we roll it under the kitchen table out of the way since we don't have a pantry or closet to store it in anyway. Also, looks sharp - no ruffles to clean and a 5 point harness. Love it.

new_mommy25
08-19-2004, 05:51 AM
I don't have a Combi but I really wanted one. There is a store by my house selling them and I am continually impressed by it. Unfortunetly the store charges an outrageous price and it's impossible to get a web site to ship it to me. So I ended up with the Fisher Price Noah's Ark which I am pleased with.

August Mom
08-22-2004, 10:48 PM
We have the Deluxe Easy Glider and I'd be happy to answer any questions about it. For $70, I wouldn't hesitate to get one unless it's essential for you to fold the chair up after every use. I disagree that it takes up more floor space than other high chairs. I compared it side by side the Prima Pappa and they took up the same amount of floor space. However, the Combi does have a larger (rather than sleeker) look due to the gliding mechanism. However, it does not fold compactly. It's fold is a collapse of the seat to the floor. The wheels remain in the same position. You might be able to store it on its end, but it really wouldn't be handy to put away after each use or at the end of each day.

I like the chair. We didn't use the gliding feature or full recline. I really like the tray. It wraps around, so food gets on the side of the tray instead of the arms of the chair. The chair fit my small (10% everything) baby pretty well, although there was still space between the tray and his chest. I do find it a bit cumbersome to push around because only 2 of the castors move around. The other 2 are fixed.

Let me know if you have questions, but $70 is a great price.