PDA

View Full Version : Baby Papasan

bethieb75
08-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Just wondering if anyone has the Baby Papasan? I'll be registering in a few months and was considering adding it to my registry, but wanted to see if others found it to be useful or a waste.

Thank you!

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lilypie.com/days/050207/0/11/0/-5/.png

AvasMama
08-18-2004, 12:26 PM
We had it and loved it. It's much more newborn-friendly than many others -- very soft and cuddly. Ava napped it in frequently for the first three months. She never liked the vibrations or music, though.

We had another more traditional bouncy seat that she started using around 3 or 4 months so I sold the Baby Papasan. FWIW, it has great resale value -- I think I got about 60% of the original price for it.

Robyn & Ava

dowlinal
08-18-2004, 06:24 PM
I had the papasan and it was wonderful for the first three months. Then dd got very bored with it since it doesn't have anything to play with. I ended up buying a kick-n-play which she is still loving. So I'm not to thrilled with it since I think the kick-n-play would have worked all along. DD has an ocean wonders seat at my mom's house that she has used since birth and she still loves it.

vikivoly
08-19-2004, 01:30 AM
Robyn,

Did you have any problems with Ava sliding down in it? I read that some people couldn't use it with their newborns because of that.

Not a Bobblehead
08-19-2004, 03:06 AM
Love, love, love the Baby Papasan. Our son didn't like the Kick n Play at all so I returned it. But he loved (and still does) the Papasan. It was a snuggly, safe place to sleep when he was a newborn with music that seemed to relax him and now at 5 months he is happy as a clam to sit in it and hang out while I take a shower. He doesn't need the music or vibration, just likes to be sitting and will play with his rattles or other toys. He didn't slip down in it as a newborn (I always use the seatbelt) and at over 27" and 95% he still fits in it fine. It isn't an "activity" type chair like the Kick n Play, but seems more suitable for relaxing, sleeping (newborn) or interacting with parents while sitting and being able to play while not flat on his back. I think it would be worth having even if your child liked the Kick n Play. We love the Papasan and love giving them as shower gifts (on sale right now too at babyage.com with free shippin and no tax). We bought ours at Target for $49.