PDA

View Full Version : Are the puppets in Wiggles' Yummy Yummy video scary?

vpalmer
08-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Based on recommendations from the Board, I was going to purchase the Wiggles Yummy Yummy DVD for our upcoming road trip. I think I read almost the entire video is music, is that right? Well, I got on Amazon to check it out, and several people bash the video because of the scary puppets. Are they really that scary? What do you think?

Veronica
Mom to Eva

momma_boo
08-23-2004, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't call them scary. They are a bit odd looking (almost like freakish puppet versions of the wiggles). I don't think that DD was ever scared by them.

Honestly, I think it is definitely the best DVDs since it's almost all music except for one magic trick part that I used to fast forward when DD was younger.

August Mom
08-23-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't think they are scary, just very odd. I wanted to fast forward through them, but DS actually likes them. I find them strange looking and do wonder what possessed the Wiggles to include the puppets. However, overall, it's a very good DVD.

Vajrastorm
08-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Not scary, just plain weird.

nicurn96
08-23-2004, 11:33 PM
DD doesn't mind them at all. I was freaked out by them at first but now I kindof like them!
Lisa
Mommy to Lydia~5/13/2003

boys2enough
08-24-2004, 02:13 AM
The Yummy Yummy is our favorite too. Has to watch it once almost every day. The music really grows on you and even their dance moves too. lol. I really think this one has the best songs.

However, G was scared by the puppets at first. It's gotten to the point when the previous song came up, when they were just talking and not singing, G was anticipating the puppets to come on later and would start shaking out of fear. Then he would frantically search for me and run to me. When the puppets actually came on though, he'd poke his head out to look at them while giving me the "death grip." They are "freakish" looking but I guess also fascinating. Now G loves the puppet session. He went from being "frightened" to being "fascinated" in about a month.

Maybe see whether your local library has one so you can check it out before you actually buy it?

HTH.

ETA: G has always been easily frightened by little things though, e.g. screamed b/c someone sneezed. Just want to point this out.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

tippy
08-24-2004, 02:21 AM
I actually posted somewhere about those puppets! I HATE THEM! DS isn't too fond of them either and I always fast forward through the two songs they are featured in. They scare me so I guess I'm not surprised that they scare ds. Ok, maybe they don't scare me but they freak me out. The voices and music are different too and I think that adds to the freak factor.

ETA....
I just wanted to add that even with the "scary puppets" this is by far ds's favorite dvd. It is the only one he will "ask" for. Well, he doesn't really ask for it but he takes the box out and yells until I put it on. He loves hot potato and actually rubs his hands together to the "mashed banana" part of the song. I would recommend it despite the puppets!

nigele
08-29-2004, 10:42 PM
My DS has never been scared of the puppets but I do think they are a bit freaky. We used to watch the video all the time and he has always liked it. For some reason, we didn't watch the video for a few months and I put it on for him recently and now he is crazy about the puppets!

luvtoshop
09-04-2004, 03:30 PM
i think they're creepy, but dd doesn't. : ) I say get it, it's one of our favorites!

MartiesMom2B
09-04-2004, 09:25 PM
DD isn't scared of them. But she's pretty fearless. The first song is a favorite in this household, and I think it's hilarious that in the Go Captain Go song the Anthony puppet messes up his dance moves, just like the real Anthony does.

Yummy Yummy is by far the best Wiggles video out there.

-Sonia

jk3
09-07-2004, 03:22 PM
This is our first Wiggles DVD + my DS loves it. I don't entirely get it but even looking at a Wiggles book makes him laugh. The puppets do not scare my DS but I think they're really creepy! The songs are cute + he dances with the music. Enjoy!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png