PDA

View Full Version : FP Ocean Wonders vs. Papasan vs. Kick and Play Bouncer

BabyBoo
08-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I know a few days ago someone asked about the FP Papasan. However, I'm debating over all 3 of the bouncers. Could someone please tell me which one they liked best? Thanks.

jbintz
08-25-2004, 05:53 PM
I am not sure if it will help but my son was born 9.1lbs and is currently 10 mos old and is 30 lbs.

The baby papasan wasn't out when he was younger. I haven't heard anything about quality but it seem expensive.

We bought the kick n play bouncer. We used it until he was 4 months old. The ONLY thing that I didn't like about the kick n play was the weight limit. He got so heavy so it wouldn't really bounce you know. Just fold all the way back until it looked like he was pretty much laying on the ground. :) We were able to use pillows to hold it up.

Other than the weight limit, he liked to watch the lights when he was really young, listen to the music and play when he was about 2 mos old. And he started playing with the toys and associating the kicking and music later on. I hated to put it away.

We ended up getting the seat/toddler rocker from fisher price. The toys were boring and it didn't really work for him as an infant.

Not sure about the ocean wonders bouncy seat. Looks very similar to kick n play.

Hope that helps.
Jana

heatherlynn
08-26-2004, 08:54 AM
We have the OW one and the bouncer is great, but so far DS doesn't like the attachment part w/ the aquarium and the toys. The aquarium part is pretty loud and too busy IMO. I should have just gone w/ a more basic one.

H-
Heather
dd Gabrielle 3/98
ds Matthew 8/5/04!

JennSimm
08-26-2004, 09:36 AM
We had the Papisan, and neither of my boys liked it. It DOES NOT bounce. It only vibrates and plays music. It is very well made, very soft and snuggly, but they just didnt like it. I wish they had one made for adults!! So..off it went to the consignment shop...

Jenn

BabyBoo
08-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all your responses. We've decided to get the Kick and Play.