PDA

View Full Version : FP Ocean Wonder Cradle Swing & Deluxe Jumperoo

dragonflylvr
08-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Has anyone used either of these? Did you like them? Are they worth getting? Or do you suggest something else.

Thanks.
Lori

jbintz
08-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I had both of them and loved them.

The Ocean Wonders Cradle Swing was nice becuase it would swing both ways, the only downside was the price. It was a x-mas gift so we splurged. You might get the same thing you are looking in a cheaper swing. This swing was good for him to sleep in when he was little, the music and mobile would usually put him out. We would put him in it to go down for naps (I figured I could spoil him occassionally) In the sitting up position it was good for him to learn to pick things up and occassionally watch those baby einstien videos. It was a great place for him when he could sit a little but not on his own. A good chair.

My son LOVES the jumperoo he would go to town with that thing. It had to be one of the best purchases that we made. He was a bigger baby 9.1 lbs and by 4 months had grown out of most of things that we had. We liked that it was floor standing so we could use it for a while. And it was rated for ages 4mos and up (the door way ones were rated for 6mos and up or when they could sit up). When they can hold up their head they can go in the jumperoo (or that is what I remember don't take my word on that). Initially he just hung in it but eventually he was able to jump and would spend all day in it if I didn't take him out.

Hope that helps. Good luck in your shopping.

dragonflylvr
08-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Thanks so much for your reply.

Actually next week I get to start registering for baby shower gifts. I just wanted to see if these were thought to be good items or not.

I have a now 5yo stepson who when he was baby loved the one that hung on the door. I myself didn't care for it. I didn't feel comfortable with him hanging and bouncing in a doorway. Always pictured him bouncing into the walls/door, etc. LOL.

Thanks again for your response it is a huge help.

Lori

jasabo
08-26-2004, 08:28 PM
We had the swing and LOVED it! We only registered for one, because we weren't sure if the boys would like the swing. Turned out they loved it and would sleep for like 2 hours at a time :) :) So we ended up buying a second one so they could both swing at the same time. Though we bought a cheaper one because the Aquarium Swings were so expensive. The boys definitely liked the Aquarium Swing the best though. It's worth the money, IMO.

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys

dragonflylvr
08-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the info. That is very helpful. It says that it is easy to take down and transport. Did you try that at all? Wondering how it would be to take to my in-laws travelling, etc.

thanks again.

Lori

jbintz
08-27-2004, 12:40 PM
If you mean driving and you have a good size car for luggage and anything else you might be taking maybe.

The seat can fairly easily come off the swing but it is bulky. We could collapse the legs to lay it against a wall at times. So if you are driving and willing to take it apart (there are little silver buttons that you have to push in to get the parts off) then maybe.

Flying I would vote no way. You might want to consider a travelling swing depending on how much travelling you will be doing (they might have a lower weight limit though)

I am sure BabiesRUs or ToysRUs would have one on display (any other baby supply store probably will as well) you should go and take it apart and put baby in it to make sure that it would be a good purchase. At that much money you might not want to take any chances and by the time you get it home and put it together the chances of taking it back are slim.

BTW When we got ours the sound stuff was broken. We had to call fisher price for a new unit, they dealt with it very well and sent us a new one right away. It wasn't overnighted but came quickly enough.

Good luck.

bellkirk
08-27-2004, 04:06 PM
We have the swing and it is nice, but in hindsight I would buy a less expensive model that does not turn off after 3 minutes (the lights and music turn off not the swinging action)! Also get something without the middle bar that holds the seat. It will make it easier to get the baby in and out. My mom bought the Smart Response Swing by Fisher Price for her house, and I like it much better!

jbintz
08-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah I did forget one thing. As he got older and taller it was difficult to get him out of the swing without bonking his head on the globe. Sorry I left that out.

I could have sworn the music and lights lasted more than 3 minutes but does have an auto shutoff.

As a side note their are two the ocean wonders swing and a swing with a mobile of ducks (with no sound/lights/music I believe) the batteries will last longer in those. I think in 6 months I replaced the batteries 2 or 3 times.

Anyway just some more info if needed/wanted :)