PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone use the Graco Triad bassinet?

brigmaman
08-28-2004, 01:42 AM
We had it set up for ds to use when he was a newborn and then put it in the basement to store for #2. Now that we're about 10 weeks from my due date, I want to bring it up, but I'm wondering how to clean the fabric parts of it. Does anyone know?

priscilla73
08-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Hi, I bought the Graco Triad bassinet from a garage sale. Even though it was clean when I bought it, I could not put my baby in it until I took the whole thing apart and laundered the fabric and wiped down the frame. It's been over a year, but I do remember it was a pain to take apart but it can be done. I did. You will have to unscrew several parts in order to remove the bedliner. I believe the base is one part that unscrews. You'll have to remove the music box also. I put the canopy and basket in the tub and gave it a good cleaning, too. I would recommend that you hand wash every part because its so delicate. It was sooo worth the trouble knowing my son was in a fresh, Dreft smelling bed.

One tip I have regarding bed sheets for the Triad. I found that King size pillowcases work perfect with this bassinet. It is so large that it's near impossible to find a bassinet sheet large enough. In the winter time, I used flannel ones...so cozy.

HTH
Priscilla