PDA

View Full Version : Train table Q??

pixelprincess
08-31-2004, 03:11 AM
Now that we are trying to get another thing that wasn't on my list...yep, the train table. I am wondering if it makes a difference which one? Someone locally is selling a used one for $50 which seems to be a good deal...if it is in good shape.

http://www.playfulrooms.com/kidkrtrta.html. Is this the same as the Cosco model. It doesn't appear to have the drawers? Am i going to miss them or can one buy them separately?

The nice thing is that I was going to buy a table for DS to put stuff on and this could be it!! Like the idea of multi-servicing since his stuff is taking over our house.

thanks for your help!

jasabo
08-31-2004, 01:38 PM
It's the same brand, but a different table. I actually REALLY love the drawers underneath. They're seperate from the table and on castors, so they an be wheeled completely out and moved around the room, and they hold a TON of toys. I was able to put all the toys that dh and I have been tripping over, along with the boxed up train set (the boys are still too small and just throw them around) inside the drawers, and still have more room. It's great storage. Like you, toys are taking over our house and I'm always looking for good storage solutions. The Costco table was a little more then twice what you'd pay for the used one. Just depends on how much you want to spend and what you need. If it doesn't come with the train set, though, I don't think I'd spend $50 for essentially a playing surface (unless, of course, you already have a train set and need somewhere to set it up). JMO though :)

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys

pixelprincess
08-31-2004, 02:39 PM
Lisa, thanks for your feedback. I was thinking the drawers may be useful for the same reason.

Can someone pls. tell me if the Cosco table comes with the train set? If it does, I'll probably buy it unless I find another deal locally.

The PBK train table is really quite beautiful...although twice as much!

zuzu
08-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi!

(I just sent you an email and hopefully it won't come through all garbled again!)

The set at our Costco comes with the train set too. I can't remember the number of pieces, I think it was around 100 or more--it looked pretty substantial from the display. We were looking at it on Sunday, trying to decide. I think the drawers are what make it, but we are also trying to come up with storage solutions. One reason we held off, is that I was under the mistaken impression the table was made all of wood, so was surprised to see it covered with melamine (or whatever that was) but it probably makes for a much easier cleanup. We may still go back and get it though. If you want to take the time, you may be able to find some sort of trundles to work under the used one you're looking at. But if you don't have any train sets yet, the Costco one looks like a good deal. I also love the PBK one, but not at that price!

Have fun shopping!
Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)