PDA

View Full Version : FAO Schwarz bag of wooden blocks at Tuesday Morning?

LucyG
08-31-2004, 07:36 PM
I found a fabric bag of 90 wooden blocks at my Tuesday Morning today. They are $25 for the bag. The blocks are assorted shapes, and are natural, blue, red and yellow (I think). I am new to the block hunt, so don't know if this is a good deal. The blocks are not huge, but are good size for a toddler to build with. Has anyone seen these, or do you have them? Just wondering if $25 is a good deal for 90 wooden blocks. Thanks!

fauve01
09-01-2004, 12:03 AM
i am new to the block hunt too, but i just wanted to thank you for posting this! i'm off to my tuesday morning to see if we have blocks too! i hope someone can tell us if it's a good deal, LOL. :-)

Anne

LucyG
09-01-2004, 08:52 AM
After doing some internet searching, it seems like a good deal to me. I am still going to search eBay, to see if I can find the blocks there. If anyone knows anything about these blocks, I would love to hear your opinion! They would be for an 18 month old. Thanks!

Dcclerk
09-01-2004, 12:58 PM
We have them. They were a gift, so price-wise, I don't know if that is a good deal. But I will say, we like the blocks very much. They are well-made, smooth, and a good size for my 14 month old. If you are looking for some blocks, I think these are good ones to have :)

LucyG
09-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Thank you! Do you mind telling me what shapes come in the bag? I didn't go through it at the store, but know that I saw rectangles and rounded pieces. Do you find the assortment of shapes a good variety for a beginning builder? My DD is 18 months old.

Dcclerk
09-02-2004, 02:34 PM
There are long rectangles, short rectangles, some triangles, some bridges (a rectangle with a partial moon cut-out on one side), some squares and some cylinders. I think it has all the variety anyone would need. I'm not a fabulous builder, but I can't really think of any other shape I would want.

LucyG
09-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Kerry! I got them yesterday, and we are saving them for Christmas. I think they are a great deal, as they were usually $60.