PDA

View Full Version : Cozy Coupe Problem - Suggestions needed

naomi01
08-31-2004, 07:37 PM
My MIL just bought my 21 month old son a new Cozy Coupe (the one with the hard plastic hood that doesn't flip down) - only we just had a disturbing trip to the mailbox down the street - all the way there and back his little feet kept catching under the car and dragging and then he would have to unstick them. It is almost like he is too tall for it (despite its 1 1/2 - 5 yr age recommendation). This didn't happen in the store. Does he just need to get used to it? Has anyone else seen this problem? He was soooo excited to get the car home and we will be rather disappointed if it doesn't work out.... any ideas? (BTW he is currently 33-34 inches tall).

Naomi
DS 12/02/02

slknight
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm not sure because we don't have one. But if you are concerned, I would e-mail Little Tykes customer service. Their customer serivce is really outstanding.

amp
08-31-2004, 11:21 PM
Ours is a hand-me-down one, but yes, we have the same problem. I make sure DS has shoes on when we ride in it. Since it was a HMD, I just didn't worry too much about it. If I'd paid real money for it, I might feel differently. And when DS catches his feet, he tries harder to hold them up. Later, I think he'll propel it himself, but right now we just have to be careful.

brigmaman
09-01-2004, 07:50 AM
We had this problem when ds was younger. Now that he can use it by himself, he has no problem. It was just when we were pushing him. He's 37 inches now, so height doesn't seem to be an issue once they can use their own feet to power the car. Also my nephew used it until he was much older, so don't worry, this is normal.

pamela mom of 3
09-01-2004, 04:09 PM
yes, i've had this happen with all three of my kiddos, basically they just have to learn to keep their feet up till they can move along themselves..

The kids still really enjoyed them, my eldest finally stopped trying to get in them when she became stuck :P LOL so at 33/34in you should be fine, my son still uses his he's 36in+

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppstrollers

naomi01
09-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Actually, DS is able to propel himself (mostly) but every 10-15 feet or so, his feet still get stuck. Hopefully, from what you guys are saying, he will get used to it! Thanks for the input!

Naomi