PDA

View Full Version : Step & Play Piano

Toba
09-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Anybody have this? I bought it today for Noah's six-month birthday, but haven't opened it yet (so I can still bring it back). If you do have it, did your baby like it and for how long?
~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004

alkagift
09-03-2004, 02:44 PM
My SIL had it and she let me borrow it for a while. It, like many things, was a fave of her son for a while until he got really mobile crawling and then he wanted to move around more. Later, when he could walk at 12 months, he liked it again when he could stand in it but it is not in circulation now at 16 months--she keeps it on her porch for him to play with when he's out there.

When she let my son borrow it before he could walk; he liked it for about a week and then had sort of "played it out." I didn't like the way it kept him immobile in the seat as a exersaucer does, since I never used one of those either. In all honesty the noise it makes drove me batty so I returned it to her, but I have a fairly low tolerance for that kind of thing and lots of people love the electronic music.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

jamsmu
09-03-2004, 03:01 PM
It was a holiday gift when DS was 4 months. A little small, but he quickly grew into it. There hasn't been a week that it hasn't been played with. We took out the seat around 9 months and he used it as a pull up toy. Now he walks around it. When we have friends over, all ages go to play with it--this weekend at DS' b-day party there was a 7 year makin' music on the piano. Great purchase! Enjoy!!

kseltmann
09-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Julie,
What do you mean you took the seat out? We LOVE our piano, but DD would rather walk around or pull up on something. How did you take the seat out?
We bought this for DD at 4 months and she too grew into it. We have soooooo gotten our moneys worth on this one! Great for the patio too.

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040924/2/13/2/-5/.png[/img][/url]

jamsmu
09-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Kathryn,

Ack! My DH took it out, but I think he may have just pulled really hard to get it out (don't think there were any screws involved.) It is made to convert to a walking toy so it is probably in the directions if you have them. Or just call Fisher Price Customer Service. Sorry, I'd ask DH but he is out with the guys tonight. If you still need help later, PM me and I'll ask him.

zen_bliss
09-04-2004, 01:23 AM
i got one at 4 months, and now at 16 months, DD still plays with it every day! the seat easily popped off the tracks, i didn't do anything special. there are several musical modes, and i have it in the one key-one note mode and she likes to dance all over the keys, giggling madly.

ribbit1019
09-04-2004, 01:53 AM
DH loves to play with it, lol. DD is only 3 months and is not quite ready for it yet. Her 2 yr old cousin loves it though and plays with it non stop when he comes over. (DH took the seat out for him) Seat snaps right out, it is very easy to do. Since she loves the FP kick piano for the crib I am sure she will love it when she is big enough. High tolerance is needed for any of these noise making toys I think... :D