PDA

View Full Version : Can someone recommend a good toy phone?

snowbaby04
09-05-2004, 12:00 PM
My 8 month old son wants to play with our cell phones constantly. We're looking for a play phone that will resemble the cells (flip up, etc) but will be durable and interesting. So far, he seems to prefer the real thing to any of his toys!

ellies mom
09-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Target has a flip cell phone (and car keys and remote). They are about $5. We have the car keys. I'll probably get the others soon.

August Mom
09-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Parents has a flip cell phone (and a PDA). Both are grey like Mom and Dad's, but the buttons make sounds. The version I have lets you record your own message. I got it at Target.

amp
09-05-2004, 01:36 PM
We have the same ones. It doesn't take the place of the real thing, but DS DOES enjoy playing with both the Parents cell and pda from Target.

snowbaby04
09-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like Target is the place to be.

starrynight
09-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Sassy makes a flip phone, I think it was $4 at TRU. IIRC it has some buttons that make noise. I was going to get that one for my toddler but when she saw the elmo's world flip phone she insisted on that one instead so I don't know exactly how the sassy one works. It looks like the perfect size for small baby hands :).

Twin Mom
09-06-2004, 12:07 AM
We have the Parents keys and phone and my kids still play with them on occasion. I actually bought a 2nd set of the keys because they liked them so much. I got the phone and keys as a set at BJs a while ago.

I also let my kids play with old cell phones that we don't use anymore. Even though there is no power/sound, my kids still like them because they know they are "real". You might want to try that if you have any old ones you don't care about anymore.

Raidra
09-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Colwyn just got his own real cell phone as we got a new one. Actually, we had to get a new one because he had ruined the old one with all the drool. :) It wouldn't stay on for more than a second or two. Well, now it's his. He absolutely loves it.

ellies mom
09-12-2004, 01:51 AM
I'm so bummed. These sound so cool and I just can't find them. I've looked at Target and BRU. Where else can I look? I really like the idea of recording your own message.

mamarazzo
09-12-2004, 02:22 AM
We also have the Parents Magazine cell phone, purchased at Target, and my 17-m-o LOVES it. The recordable message feature is pretty cool, but unfortunately the record button is easily accessible and DS is always pushing it to hear the beep sound it makes to signal the start of recording, so the recorded message is usually lost fairly quickly. And if your kid's a chewer like mine the text on the buttons comes off easily as well. He particularly likes the musical buttons, and I actually like the fact that the music is new-agey recorded audio rather than the same old midi electronica we hear in just about every other toy.

MR