PDA

View Full Version : Exersaucer Mega or Ultra?

jacksmomtobe
09-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Hello,

As baby Jack starts to outgrow his boucy seat I've started looking for other toys to keep him upright & occupied while I get dressed etc. Our Ped suggested an exersaucer. I noticed their are two types Mega & Ultra and would appreciate any feedback on which model is best. I think there is a $20 price difference. Sometimes spending extra is worth it and other times the simpler model in things is best.

Thanks!
Kim

geochick
09-06-2004, 01:03 PM
My ds loves his Ultra. He had great muscle control from 3 months on, so he's gotten at least 15 minutes a day in it since then (he's 7.5 months now). He hasn't played in a Mega, but he has played in a Jumperoo. He gets bored really easily with fewer toys. I'd spend the extra 20 bucks on the Ultra any day. Good luck with your decision. Perhaps you can go to a store, such as BRU, where you can try before you buy and let Jack test drive them both.

Momof3Labs
09-06-2004, 03:06 PM
We got the cheaper Mega and didn't miss the extra toys on the ultra one bit. You can always add some of his own toys to the saucer using links, so why spend the extra $20?

bburke
09-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Hi! We just got the mega and DS loves it! We actually had to take half the toys off of it because it was too much for him to take in all at once. We just rotate them in so it isn't the same thing every time and it works really well. I wouldn't pay the extra money for the ultra personally. Good luck!

Brenna

kaitlinsmommy
09-07-2004, 12:21 AM
I chose the Mega for dd without consideration for money; I just liked the Mega better than the Ultra that was out at the time. Granted, the Ultra folds flatter so it might be better from a storage standpoint but I don't think it's better as far as the toys go.

I highly recommend getting one soon if you want one. The time for the saucer was VERY limited for us. As soon as she was crawling, she didn't want anything to do with it.

quikeye
09-07-2004, 05:29 AM
Hi, we chose the mega since we liked the pattern better (liked the jungle mega over the castle ultra). There's not any room on the saucer for more toys that I could imagine; and Kai's favorite is the most boring (just a plastic giraffe head that he'll eat til the cows come home).

I'd just pick the pattern that appeals to you; I don't think you'll really notice if there's 5 more "songs" (the songs all kinda meld together when babe learns to smack the button over & over & over...)

yellowdogmom
09-07-2004, 04:42 PM
We have the Jungle Mega we registered for and got as a gift. Theo loves it, but that said we are also borrowing an older Graco model to use outside sometimes - and he loves the super-basic pared-down toys on that one just as much! There's also room on the older one for me to set a few cheerios or a little board book and as a PP mentioned, on the Mega there are so many toys packed on there that theres not any room for anything else. To be honest, for the amount of time he spends in it (not much since we limit it) and seeing him enjoy the older hand-me-down, I think I would not have registered for the fancy-shmancy one and would have just looked for a used one in good shape.

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab