PDA

View Full Version : PBK Anywhere Chair - on sale ever?

deborah_r
09-07-2004, 01:15 AM
I'm wondering if I should hold off for a sale, or just go ahead and buy the PBK Anywhere Chair. I didn't know it was $100, so I was a bit shocked when we looked at it in the store today. DH wanted to get it (because he's a big sucker and Kai was sitting in it with a big ol' smile on his face!) but I said "let me check with my message board and see if I can get a deal...

So what do you all think? Are the sales few and far between?

TIA

kensjen
09-07-2004, 02:32 AM
I haven't seen a sale on the chair itself...sometimes they have the covers on sale, like at the end of the season. Supposedly the $99 for the chair and slipcover is a sale price. Yikes! I want one too and the in laws gave us the money for Jonah's birthday, but I still feel like it is so expensive. Then I go look at some of the other chairs out there that are less $$, and I think that the PBK one is looking better. I just don't want a chair with characters all over it in the living room. I am drawing the line somewhere! LOL
We will probably get the denim one. I know Jonah will love it, and it really is cute. What color are you getting??

deborah_r
09-07-2004, 02:57 AM
Ack! I was worried that $99 might be a sale price! Is there any way to find out when that ends, or is just kind of always at that price? Yeah, we went to IKEA looking for something comparable, and it just doesn't exist! I love IKEA< but none of their kid's chairs were doing it for me. Well, there was one with a wood frame and cushioned seat and seat back (like a mini-Poang if you are familiar with IKEA) that he was enjoying, but I couldn't see him snuggling up all cozy in that one.

I'm torn between red and denim. The khaki is nice, but I'm worried about it getting stained.

houseof3boys
09-07-2004, 09:19 AM
I feel the same! I think I am leaning towards the red but I just can't swallow the price....

pl71
09-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I was eyeing that chair but ended up getting the Osh Kosh chair from Babies R Us instead http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00005BZGO/qid=1094562231/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/102-5713719-7680115

It's a similar look to the PBK chair, but is only $50. I like that the legs come off. We've left them off for now which makes the chair shorter and when DS gets bigger I can screw the legs in to make the chair taller. It's very sturdy too. DS loves sitting in it.

Patty
DS Owen 4-10-03

miki
09-07-2004, 10:22 AM
I don't know if any of you sew or perhaps have a relative or friend who does and would make a nice present for your kids. I'm going to make my DD's chair--sew the outside and stuff with polyfill. I made one for my nephew's 1st birthday a few years ago and my SIL told me he used it for ages. Here's the pattern I'm using:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12565.txt

Edited to add this link: http://maudlinshorekids.com/mccalls.htm?mgiToken=4EHFD8DI7D53MDKHF . It goes to a website that sells the pattern. The one I'm using is the one in the middle, #9665. I got it at JoAnn's for either $2 or $4 during one of their sales so this website is way too expensive.

Momof3Labs
09-07-2004, 11:41 AM
I second one of the BRU chairs - there are some simple fabrics that are also quite cute, and only $50 instead of $100.

megulis
09-07-2004, 10:26 PM
I can't seem to view that file. Can you repost it? Thanks!

jamsmu
09-08-2004, 08:57 AM
I think that the $99 is a "special" price, so they can change it at anytime. If its on sale it ends in .99 or .49, which means it is being discontinued.

Anyway, we gave the denim chair to our DS for his birthday (actually gave it to him at 9 months) and its great. He drinks his snacktime bottles in it and can climb in and out.

One concern I have is that it will topple over when he is climbing. And he and his friends climb all over it. He used it as a step to get on the couch, but now we moved it away from there.