PDA

View Full Version : Cozy 1st Bday?

megulis
09-09-2004, 03:15 AM
I need some ideas for what to do for my ds' first bday. It is either going to be just my dh, ds, and me or maybe our friends and their 1 yo. I want something very simple but special. Is this possible?

TIA!

Raidra
09-10-2004, 10:48 AM
We're taking Colwyn to a farm for his birthday. They have all sorts of fresh produce and whatnot, and they also have animals for kids to see and even pet. They have hayrides, too. Is there something like that you could do?

His birthday party will be a bit bigger (about 25 people, but all family), but we've taken just Colwyn to the farm before and he had a great time.

We're using the Barnyard Blast party plates and whatnot, and I'm making Colwyn a cow cake.

megulis
09-10-2004, 07:25 PM
That is a wonderful suggestion! I will have to see if there is a small zoo or something around here. I am not going to let him pet, but he may like seeing the animals etc. Knowing my lazy dh and me, we will just do something at home.

Any other ideas?

tippy
09-13-2004, 11:15 PM
At 1 year old I really think it is more for the family and friends to enjoy than anything. Don't get me wrong, ds had fun at his parties (we had two, one for friends with kids and one for just family no kids) but he really didn't "know" it was his bday, ykwim. It was a good opportunity for relatives who don't normally get to see ds or us to enjoy him. The kids party was a bit more hectic but fun. We did both at home. The kids just played with all ds's toys and ended up watching finding Nemo toward the end of the party (most were a bit older than ds).

megulis
09-14-2004, 12:34 AM
I had my ds' 1st bday party just for the pictures with our friends and their daughter. You are right; he didn't know that it was a special day for him. I think we will try to have one for the family, but I am not sure if it is going to work out. Thanks for the suggestions!

ellies mom
09-14-2004, 02:28 AM
We are actually viewing it more as a celebration for us, seeing as we kept DD alive and well for a whole year. After all as PPs mentioned she won't know the difference. Oh, we'll do the whole pictures of her eating cake and looking adorable. We'll use it as an excuse to buy her more stuff she doesn't need or care about, but really it is all about our achievement. :)

megulis
09-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Your post made me laugh. You are right hooray for us! I want some Kipiis clips for ds' bday and my dh is making me feel guilty for wanting to buy alligator clips for $12. I'm still undecided. Ds loves his balloon!

You should be able to tell that my brain is scattered. :)