PDA

View Full Version : doll diapers?

LucyG
09-09-2004, 01:52 PM
My DD is really getting into undressing her dolls, and she asks for wipes and diapers to "change" them. What are some good doll diapers, or can anyone suggest how to make some? I'm thinking cloth with velcro would be good (probably fairly easy to make), but I haven't looked anywhere yet to know if those are readily available. Thanks!

ps - Has anyone figured out a good wipe substitute to use for dolls? I don't want to give DD a real wipe everytime she asks, but she does NOT think cloth washcloths are an acceptable alternative!

JacksMommy
09-09-2004, 02:31 PM
I don't have an answer for this, but I'd love to know if anyone else has found some! Or a doll that comes with a diaper for changing. :)

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/24/02

s7714
09-09-2004, 02:47 PM
How big of a doll diaper are you looking for? I have a pattern for a very simple one. I think it fits medium-large size dolls? It attaches with velcro. I can scan it in and email it to you if you're interested.

As for the wipes, give her an empty container and tell her that's where the "dirty" wipes go...then when she's not around, just fold them back into her own little "clean" wipes container and keep them moist by adding a little water--that way she can keep reusing the same wipes. (Would probably work best with the thicker brands of wipes though.) Just a thought.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

amyff
09-09-2004, 06:27 PM
http://www.beccabottoms.com/store/
has adorable cloth doll diapers under Diapering Extras...they are so cute!

priscilla73
09-09-2004, 08:14 PM
I have given my girls their baby brother's outgrown Preemie and Newborn Pampers and Huggies diapers to use. They are the real thing and they can unfasten and refasten them over and over again. I haven't had to actually go out and buy a new pack but I have found that the real ones last much longer than the pretend disposable diapers.

I haven't seen the doll cloth diapers but I'll bet the are adorable.

Priscilla

LucyG
09-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Jennifer,

I just emailed you!