PDA

View Full Version : Two receiver Monitor

Ima2two
09-10-2004, 12:07 PM
HI! We just moved into a multi-level home and I need a monitor with 2 receivers. I would like to spend under $50. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

nitaghei
09-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Fisher-Price Light & Sound (?) Not sure of the exact name - but something like that. We have it, and it works okay. There is a little static - I like to think of it as white noise for me. It comes in 2 versions - one has 2 receivers. And it was cheap - well within your budget.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

geochick
09-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Ditto. We like ours, but there is a little static. I especially like the feature where you can "see" if baby is making noise. This is really nice if I am on the treadmill or in a noisy environment. It's about $30.

http://babyage.com/product_details.aspx?productid=10199

Good luck.

annex
09-10-2004, 11:54 PM
We used the FP Sound and Lights for the first year, even though the hum/static was very annoying. Then, just after the warranty died, it went kaput. Since then, we've used the newer Safe Glow 2 receiver set:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009P7I5/

Much much nicer, no static. Still has the lights. It does occasionally go wonky (all loud static), but if you power down/power up the base it fixes itself.

-Anne

tippy
09-11-2004, 01:33 AM
Another vote for the Fisher price lights and sounds monitor. I like the fact that these plug in rather than take batteries. (I don't use it outside). We had one that ran on batteries before but we were replacing them constantly. We get static every once in a while but it is usually because the cord is touching something metal.

mattiew
09-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Our Toys R Us had the FP clearanced for under $20 (a special green tag sale). You may want to call your Toys R Us and see if they are having the sale, things are moving fast!!

HTH!
Carrie

sarsah
09-11-2004, 10:50 PM
You should be able to buy two of the same monitors and just use the receiver of the second one with the transmitter & receiver of the first one. That's what I did. I have a Fisher Price monitor which I got when DS#1 was born in 2000. Since then, we've moved to a new house with a finished basement so I needed an extra receiver after DS#2 was born.
I found a monitor similar to the one I had on Ebay for $5 and it works great. I have the transmitter in DS#2's room on the second floor, one receiver on the kitchen counter and the second receiver (from the monitor I bought on Ebay) in the basement. Some times when DS#2 has friends over to play in the basement, I hook up the 2nd transmitter in the basement and then I can be in the kitchen and hear what is going on down there.

A friend of mine did this with two different brands of monitors (the one she had originally and one she bought at a garage sale for cheap), so you may want to try that route too, if you see one for cheap somewhere.

Sarah......mom to Jason & Devin

Rikkele
09-12-2004, 12:24 AM
We are also using the FP Sounds & Lights monitor with 2 receivers and it works great for us. Have had no problems with static or otherwise.