PDA

View Full Version : Graco Swing Vs. Fisher Price Baby Papasan

bobacat
09-10-2004, 02:00 PM
The Baby Bargains books said that the 6 speed Graco swing is the best choice, but today I saw the Fisher Price Baby Papasan swing and it looked so comfy and nice. I liked how padded it was and the general design. Does anyone have experience with both of these swings or can give some advice on whether to stay with the Graco or go with the Fisher Price swing.

I was also wondering about the two types of swings I've seen-the one kind that swings back and forth and the other kind that swings side to side. Is there any difference? Do most babies like one over the other or is it just a personal preference?

Thanks!
Roxanne

bostonsmama
09-11-2004, 01:35 AM
The FP Papasan swing looks nice, but I remember the papasan bouncer having a low weight limit or something, so you might check into that. Also, if you don't already have a baby, you might wait until he/she comes. That's advice straight out the BB book. Case in point: My parents put my eldest brother in a swing all the time because he was fussy and it was the only thing that calmed him. When it came time for me, I hated it. Turns out the motion made me sick. Even until this day, I can't swing on a playground swing (or ride in a car/fly in a plane/go on a merry-go-round) without getting motion sickness. Some babies love 'em, some babies hate 'em. Better to save the space and money and get one you know your tot likes.