PDA

View Full Version : Booster vs. clamp-on seat- thoughts?

Jharpaz
09-12-2004, 03:03 AM
I'm leaning toward a clamp-on because the boosters seem bulky and if I avoid a tray, there seems to be less to clean up (obviously I'd need to clean the table surface). DD is 7 months old, sits up well. We'd use it primarily at the grandparents rather than in restaurants out. We're happy with our big high chair at home- we eat on the couch in our one-bedroom apartment, so there'd be nothing to clamp her on to here!

I'm looking at:
FP Healthy Care booster
Chicco Hippo-grip clamp-on
One Step Ahead clamp-on
(Target's) Regalo clamp-on
Inglesina's clamp-on

Thoughts? TIA

Judith

nwaddellr
09-12-2004, 10:40 AM
After recently breaking our high chair tray and moving DS up to the table, I must say, eating on the tray is MUCH easier than eating on the table. For one thing, you have the raised edges of the tray that help limit the spread of food. And, I find it easier to clean the tray than the table. So I would go with the booster. But, since you're just going to be using it out and about, it might not be such a big deal for you. Just thought I'd share my experiences!

Momof3Labs
09-12-2004, 10:11 PM
We went with a booster since it seemed like there were so many tables where the clamp-on does not work. Though now we just use a shopping cart/high chair cover and use the restaurant's high chair, but we did use the booster at home for quite a few months (a clamp-on wouldn't fit on our kitchen table).

lmariana
09-12-2004, 10:14 PM
We've used boosters and hook-ons. Right now, at 12 months, our favorite is the Me Too Hook On Highchair...it's AWESOME!! I bought ours from www.kidsurplus.com. I chose this one because it gets great reviews here and it fits easily in my diaper bags, since it's so thin (1").

Until recently though, we swore by the Bumbo baby sitter. It's booster style, but no tray. It's pretty bulky, but works wonderfully for younger babies. Now that Gabe's older, he likes to be at the table, so the Me Too is better for that. :)

Hope this helps!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

sarsah
09-15-2004, 10:53 PM
I would go with something with a tray. That way you can push the child away from the table a little bit and not have to worry about them grabbing everything on the table. Toddlers have a surprisingly long reach when they want something <lol>.

Sarah.......mom to Jason & Devin