PDA

View Full Version : First birthday present suggestions (+ Kettler questions)

iujen94
09-12-2004, 01:27 PM
DS is turning 1 in November and we (ok, I) am already thinking of good 1st birthday presents. I've seen lots of references on this Board to Kettler tricycles, but I'm not sure if 1 is waaaay too early for a tricycle. If it's not, what are your suggestions on which type to buy (I've seen tons of "accessories" - are they worth it?) and where is the cheapest place to get one? What is a "good" price to pay?

If 1 is way too young, do you have other suggestions for good 1st birthday presents? He has tons of "small" toys, and I'm sure will get more for his birthday, so DH and I want to just get him one "big" present. TIA!

trentsmom
09-12-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm thinking about getting a Kettler for DS's first birthday, too! But I'm dreading trying to pick one. I'm glad I have a little bit of time.

new_mommy25
09-13-2004, 03:39 AM
I was worried that DS would be to small for a trike. He already has a few ride on cars and he hasn't figured out the ones you need to move with your feet. We ended up getting the Pathfinder Radio Flyer wagon. The reason I chose this one is because it has seatbelts. That is really key when you are dealing with my rambunctius DS.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12942.jpg

We also got him the train table from Costco, but I am probably going to wait until Christmas. I just couldn't pass up the great deal. I think it is $137?

I was going to get DS a toddler jungle gym, but Lori (momof3labs) pointed out that they are only good for a little while. Plus we live in walking distance of a park. So I'm hoping Costco gets their big sets in again this spring. A friend of mine gave DS a turtle shaped sandbox and that was a HUGE hit!

So far the biggest hits have been his Little People Airport, a tot tower ( http://www.geniusbabies.com/abcanaltotto.html ), megablocks, and a Little Tikes music set that inclded a piano, drum and maracas. Those are great gifts if anyone asks you what to get.

rrosen
09-13-2004, 11:43 AM
My parents gave Gabrielle a Kettler for her first birthday. It is a HUGE hit. She holds on and *steers* while we push her around. She is even making rooomrooom sounds. She loves it! I thought she was way too young and would not be able to balance but she has no problem at all.

Other big hits were her Corolle doll and her shakey eggs (look like eggs and make a great sound)