PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Mama or Baby Trend highchair - if they were the same price

jackie35
09-14-2004, 10:36 AM
For those of you who have the Chicco Mama or the Baby Trend high chair - I have found them near me for approximately the same cost. Since cost difference would not be a factor, which one would you choose?

Thanks!

LucyG
09-14-2004, 01:35 PM
I have no experience with the Chicco Mama, but we have the BabyTrend highchair and really love it. I didn't realize how nice it is until I had to use an Evenflo one at church recently. That made me really appreciate our BabyTrend! Ours has a cloth cover, which I keep covered with a towel. It's not a big deal, and the cover has stayed very clean. But, if I were getting one now, I'd go for one with a plastic seat cover rather than cloth.

sarsah
09-15-2004, 10:50 PM
I've been using the Baby Trend highchair for about a year now and have been happy with it. I think I would like both a cloth and vinyl cover, though. The cloth was great when DS was little because he wasn't so messy. Now that he's 16 months, he's not as messy as he has been in the past few months, so the cloth cover is ok again, but I would say the time between 13 & 16 months, I was constantly having to wash the cover becuase DS is such a messy eater. At one point we removed both the cloth cover and the vinyl padding and just used the plastic chair. That acutally worked well, as we could just wipe it down when DS was done eating.

I have no experience with the Chicco Mama, although I did consider it when I was shopping for a high chair -- I chose the Baby Trend because it was quite a bit cheaper than the Chicco or Peg Perego.

Sarah.......mom to Jason (5/25/00) and Devin (5/12/03)

DebbieJ
09-16-2004, 01:27 AM
I think it depends on your child. Can you take your little one to try them out?

I have the Chicco Mamma and if I had to buy a highchair again, I would not get this one. The two things I hate the most are the fact that the post is on the tray, not the chair itself, and that there is too much room between the baby and the tray.

I should have bought the Fisher Price Healthy Care chair I wanted intstead of letting DH talk me into the Chicco.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

trumansmom
09-16-2004, 10:01 AM
I have a 2 year old Chicco Mama chair and love it! We just broke it out for DD to use afer stashing it away a few months ago. The tray is kind of bulky because of the post, but I never found that to be much of a problem. And while the tray may seem sort of far away at first, between the infant insert and a Baby Bjorn bib, it wasn't a big deal. Also, I had great customer service with them. The very last day DS was using his chair, the release button popped out. They sent a new tray that arrived 3 days later! So DD is starting off with a new one.

If I were shopping for a high chair again, I would buy another Chicco Mama.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04